Forte ii HELP inspection

I am new to Klipsch and this forum and am going to look at some Forte iis in my area, the seller says he has upgraded the crossovers(Bob Crites 250$) and tweeter diaphrams(titanium). Can someone tell me how to inspect the speakers to know if the upgrades have been done. Where & what to look for? They R priced pretty high 600$ but if the upgrades R there,,,,,,,,,,,,Good Price?

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/146345.aspx

$600.00 is not bad at all with upgrades. Crossovers and titanium diaphragms would run you $302.00 plus shipping. That leaves $300.00 for a stock pair of Forte II's. Which is a great price. Offer seller $550.00. Good luck.

Take a look right down the mouth of the tweeter horn and if you see matte silver it's titanium, if redish/orange it is phenolic.

For the Crite's crossovers, you have to trust the seller or ask him to remove the passive radiator and take a look.

Great choice of speakers. Even without the updated crossovers, having the "Crites Tites" is a big plus.

Bill

Good advice from Willand! But at the end of the day, the seller did those upgrades forhis/her enjoyment, not yours. I would offer $500.00, you can always go up! Kind of like customizing a Harley, and expecting to sell for value of bike and upgrades. This rarely if ever happens, again they did not customize the speaker/bike for you!