Just tone tested my rf-5's to 21hz!

SuBXeRo

Just tone tested the rf-5's the low frequency i could hear was 21hz on them! at 20hz i couldnt hear anything but im assuming its the speaker limitation and not my ears! Wow!!!

That is pretty cool. Do you have some special software for your computer with a microphone that enters the data? I would like to try something like that. Is it some type of test CD?

Thanks,

Bill

• Moderators

Hey bill, I believe I still have a CD that has frequencies used to test your speakers. It starts off really high (ex. 20,000 Khz) and every few seconds it drops down lower and lower until you get to subsonic bass notes. I found them on a website that I downloaded. I can email them to you today when I get home if you want.

Hey bill, I believe I still have a CD that has frequencies used to test your speakers. It starts off really high (ex. 20,000 Khz) and every few seconds it drops down lower and lower until you get to subsonic bass notes. I found them on a website that I downloaded. I can email them to you today when I get home if you want.

Michael,

Thanks for that. I would greatly appreciate it.

With my time off from work and trapped at home(not encouraged to drive), this would give me another option when boredom rears it's ugly head again.

Thanks again for your prayers my friend,

Bill

special software? ahahahaha no. I used a simple tone generator i downloaded from cnet. No mics or anything special. I just input the frequency i wanted it to generate. Basically, my ears are the mic. Obviously if i can't hear the tone it doesnt mean the speakers arent playing it, i may just be incapable of hearing it. Ill get you the link to the program when i get off work

Hopefully you played it at moderate levels. Sine waves can fry a voice coil if played long and loud enough. You can also damage your driver with over excursion by forcing it to play tones below the tuning frequency of the enclosure.

Hopefully you played it at moderate levels. Sine waves can fry a voice coil if played long and loud enough. You can also damage your driver with over excursion by forcing it to play tones below the tuning frequency of the enclosure.

^^^ This. I also wouldn't be too surprised if what was being heard isn't the fundamental, but the harmonics.