Center Channel Speaker for Chorus IIs

BigCliff

Well seeing that you guys did such a fine job in helping me pick out my Harmon Kardon AVR 3600, here is a new upgraditis scenario.

I am currently using a RC 52 center between my Chorus IIs, which does the job, but looking for ideas for something better. Keeping in mind

that my wife will not stand for another floorstanding speaker as a center, unless it is small. If I could sneak in a Heresy, that would be what

I would do but to big for her taste.

Hi BigCliff I still have my Academy for sale. It comes complete with brand new networks built by Bob Crites, Titanium Diaphragm for the tweeter, and the phenolic diaphragm in case you want to put the original back in. Just a thought. Also, how is that HK working for you?[Y]

Hi BigCliff I still have my Academy for sale. It comes complete with brand new networks built by Bob Crites, Titanium Diaphragm for the tweeter, and the phenolic diaphragm in case you want to put the original back in. Just a thought. Also, how is that HK working for you?Yes

Th HK is working great now I am looking to upgrade MAYBE. I will PM you on the Academy.

Cliff,

I will throw this out there.....

Academy is still probably the closest match...... (Not 100% certain though).....

I submit........

Klipsch KV-4 and KLF C7.......

No; they aren't the "perfect timbre matched" speaker, but I believe the larger 8" woofers and tractrix horns would be a nice match.......

Mine works excellent with the Heresies, and is more efficient; I think it is 96 or 98db..... I have it turned down 3db vs. the Heresies 94db.......

Problem is.... Where the heck would you put it? (I have seen your setup...... These babies are big!).

Cliff; I would be willing to bring my KV-4 over for a demo; if you are up for it.......

(I am busy this weekend and most of next; so depends on how much of a hurry you are in).........

PM me if interested.....

I have a KV3 for sale. It sounds good between quartets and ok or a little better between the fortes. I have not put it between the chorus IIs but same family. I would second the Academy, KLF-C7, and KV3. Another thread in this forum suggests a SC3? being decent as well.

If you wanted to hear the KV3, I am in the NW suburbs and we could work something out I am sure. Also working on the center "vertical" heresy project. I could bring one of those for you to hear. Those are not for sale but you could hear it and see what you think. I also have a regular Heresy. I believe you are from near Chicago or else I am thinking of someone else. I am gone this weekend, but around next week and weekend. Even around tomorrow night.

Cliff,

I will throw this out there.....

Academy is still probably the closest match...... (Not 100% certain though).....

I submit........

Klipsch KV-4 and KLF C7.......

No; they aren't the "perfect timbre matched" speaker, but I believe the larger 8" woofers and tractrix horns would be a nice match.......

Mine works excellent with the Heresies, and is more efficient; I think it is 96 or 98db..... I have it turned down 3db vs. the Heresies 94db.......

Problem is.... Where the heck would you put it? (I have seen your setup...... These babies are big!).

Cliff; I would be willing to bring my KV-4 over for a demo; if you are up for it.......

(I am busy this weekend and most of next; so depends on how much of a hurry you are in).........

PM me if interested.....

When I change my receiver I moved my center out from under the TV. I have it on the side where the Sunfire sub was. In the near future, Yes I would

like to give yours an audition. THANKS MATT

I have a KV3 for sale. It sounds good between quartets and ok or a little better between the fortes. I have not put it between the chorus IIs but same family. I would second the Academy, KLF-C7, and KV3. Another thread in this forum suggests a SC3? being decent as well.

If you wanted to hear the KV3, I am in the NW suburbs and we could work something out I am sure. Also working on the center "vertical" heresy project. I could bring one of those for you to hear. Those are not for sale but you could hear it and see what you think. I also have a regular Heresy. I believe you are from near Chicago or else I am thinking of someone else. I am gone this weekend, but around next week and weekend. Even around tomorrow night.

Well I think the KV3 will not do the job, the KV4 will but I hope my wife will not be too upset with its size. Like I had said earlier, if it was up to me

I would use a Heresy as a center but my wife would not go for that at all. FYI "chisoxpurdue" I was born and raised in Bridgeport and I am a BIG

Sox fan hope they can have a great season this year. When Matt and I set up a date for him to come over, you will be more then welcomed to

come over also.

When I change my receiver I moved my center out from under the TV. I have it on the side where the Sunfire sub was. In the near future, Yes I would like to give yours an audition. THANKS MATT

Cliff..... No problem.... Just let me know (in advance; at least a few days) when you would like to to this.....

For me it is just 2 wires; then bring it over.......

ChiSox..... Would love to meet you......

[Y]

just a question but have you tried fantom centre? Would solve looking for a matching centre channel. Best regards Moray James.

Hi Moray, I have never really heard of that concept, how do you set that up?

Cliff, I think it is just a matter of turning off the center channel in the HK's menu.

When surround modes are used; it sends that center channel info to the front left and right speakers......

This might be a good solution till you get your replacement.......