Amplifier and Receiver Question...

Schu

Can anyone tell me how you would use(or if you would even use) an amplifier inline with a integrated reciever?

Iunderstand that you would use a pre amp to control an amplifier, but can you use a IR to do the same?

howwould you wire/hook it up?

Schu,

Can you be more specific? What amplifier and what integrated "receiver", or is it an integrated amp? If a receiver or integrated amp has preouts, just connect them with RCA cables to the imputs on the amplifier and then from speaker terminals to the speakers.

Bill

Thanks you guys...

I was toying with the idea of getting the new Onkyo m-5000r when it hits our shores. I would be combing this with either a Pioneer sc35 or a onkyo nr3008, I am justr aboutto purchase one or the other. I would assume they both have pre outs.

May I ask why you/anyone suggests a Onkyo over a pioneer elite? the 3008 is about 200 bucks more than a sc35. so they are both about the same in pricing.

is there something worng with the sc35 that I should know about?

That is not a cutdown or the pioneer. I have heard that Onkyo and it sounded very clean and clear. It let the music sound natural. So it was a vote of confidence in the product. I also like to match components when i can. With considering an Onkyo amp later, the receiver of the same manufacturer would be what I would lean to. I have not heard that pioneer, so I cannot say that it is worse or better. I was just trying to say that the Onkyo is a good product.