difference between synergy F3, and F30's

stickygreen

So, i'm considering buying a pair of Klipsch Synergy F-30's, I've listened to lots ofspeakers, and feel that these are the best for my audio tastes, and will work well in my home.

since deciding on these speakers about a month ago, i have been searching craigslist, and other used places, to see if anyone is selling there F-30's, cause you never know, i might get a good deal on a used pair. So what did i just find today... but a guy selling a pair of Klipsch F3's, they look just lik teh enew F30's same colour, same front port, same rounted top.. But what i want to know from the klipsch fans of this site, is there any actual difference between the Synergy F-30's, and the older Synergy F3's, or did this guy just list his speakers wrong, and there actually F-30's...?

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with either but looking at the specs between the older F3 and the newer F30, not much difference at all. Looks like slight crossover change and .5 difference in sensitivity.

Maybe someone can chime in who has actually compared the two speakers.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with either but looking at the specs between the older F3 and the newer F30, not much difference at all. Looks like slight crossover change and .5 difference in sensitivity.

Maybe someone can chime in who has actually compared the two speakers.

I bet they will sound very close sorry I haven’t heard them. But like youth said the differences seem more like a tweak then a change I’m guessing that the crossover change gave the speakers .5 better sensitivity rating.

The stats are pretty similar, practically identical. I doubt there would be a massive difference between the two sound wise. Let me put it to you this way. If you have heard the F-30's and like them, chances are you wont remember exactly how they sound, just that they sounded good to you. The F-3's are so close in specs that chances are you would almost find them identical sounding from your memory imprint. Furthermore, whats the price? You can always resell them if you dont like them. Thats one of the glorious benefits of the craigslist market in a relatively active area!

thanks for the input guys. They are a good deal, but not that good..

I work for a company that sells Klipsch stuff, so i can get a pretty

good deal on brand new equipment. this guys price is still less, but

not enough for me to pull the trigger. I've sent him a message, we'll

see how low he'll go.....?

if he's not willing to move on

his price, i can't really fault him for that, cause he probably paid

retail, and is taking a significant loss at his asking price, plus i'm

sure someone will buy them at that price, it just might take some time.

But if he wants a quick sale... I might have my new speakers.

• Moderators

if he's not willing to move on
his price, i can't really fault him for that, cause he probably paid
retail, and is taking a significant loss at his asking price, plus i'm
sure someone will buy them at that price, it just might take some time.
But if he wants a quick sale... I might have my new speakers.

You sound like me. If you have time, and are patient and are willing to let a sale go in order to find a better deal, you are in a good position. There are some really SWEET deals out there. You just have to have some cash put aside, looking constantly and at all times, and a full tank of gas at all times.