Chorus feedback

Jim Cornell

I'll have to agree with Mike Lindsay's post. I am an owner of 2 Pairs of Chorus I and will never sell them over any new Klipsch model speaker (RF, KLF series.. etc). The 1st pair (black) I bought way back in 1986. Then later the Chorus II came out and I took a real listen to them and didn't like the sound. Later on bought another Chorus I at clearance price.

Yes the Chorus II do have lower extended bass. (keyword EXTENDED). However, I find the Chorus I has more overall musical bass than the Chorus II (more dB). That is the sound of double kick drums are louder and cleaner than the Chorus II. The passive radiator enclosure resembles more of a sealed speaker cabinet enclosure giving more extended bass BUT at the cost of less overall output dB at the low end.

I don't listen to much rap/dance music to warrant the need for sub-woofers. If you want dance club bass.. I suggest buying a Macrotech servo subwoofer. But for audiophile quality... I don't like the idea of adding separate subwoofers to fill in the missing bass (what? between 20 - 50 Hz??). How many subwoofers on the market that are 104db/1w/1m efficient? (you'll need on in order keep up with the efficient horns as you turn the volume dial up).

I think part of the reason why others keep doing mods on their speakers is because they dream of getting better sound. For a small investment, Klipsch owners will change inside wiring and xover parts thinking the sound will improve. The sound will change but is it really that much better? (without any side by side comparison?).

As for my Chorus I - i'll leave them unchange as the cheap lamp cord wiring they use seems to blow away the Monster cable hook-up wire they use on their new RF series speakers. That is using exotic speaker wiring as a band-aid for better sound quality just doesn't cut it when comparing real changes in components (ie type & size of enclosure, response of the drivers) that the Heritage line of speakers use.

------------------

High-end audio = a way to brainwash you!

Ive decided to leave my 2 pair of Chorus alone, ive really gotten to like the way they sound!

Ive decided to get the cornwall 2s instead of K-horns down the road, or ill get what pops up first, cornwalls or K-horns! When the time comes!

My cornwalls were abused before i got them, so im ganna take more time and spend a bit more for a good pair, either them or K-horns!

I modified an 18 inch Crate pro audio sub with the RP-3 amp, with my Chorus for movies!

If i listen to all 4 chorus i dont need a sub, with one pair of Chorus ill pop the sub on for music!

Instead of destroying the chorus!

I dont really have the room for my other amp for all 4 chorus, right now they are on front and rear on my outlaw 1050!

But yea

These Chorus are some fine sounding speakers!

And wether or not there accepted into the heritage line, THEY ARE HERITAGE!

These have the best built woofer ive seen yet in a speaker!

10inches in diameter magnets!

Having 3 kids i turned my outlaw up, checking the sound clarity, because im afraid someday when im not home the older one will crank this up!

The Chorus took the outlaw at full volume, 65 watts X2, and if this happens, i dont have to worry to much, the cops will be over!

And yes they survived just fine!

Not that id do it again, (NO WAY)

The Chorus have more like a natural soundstage, no overkill really! I like this!

But im still spoiled having the bass of the cornwalls!

Regards Jim