Looking for a good showroom and an AV receiver for my first time HT audio system

jdnavioneer

• Moderators

Cool, never heard of Hoopers before. Ah, so the speakers were being boxed up, not unboxed. Makes much more sense that way. [:D]

I know you can't wait to get your receiver to test them out. Let us know what you think of them once you get to crank them up.

Cool, never heard of Hoopers before.

Yeah, they are a locally owned and operated family business here in MS... They have two stores, one in Meridian and one in Columbus. They are the only authorized Klipsch dealers North of Jackson, MS.

The service was good and they had a wide selection of Reference Models to demo... The Meridian store is the home store. That's where the warehouse is and there's more to demo there. It's just nice to be able to deal with someone who sells quality products, you can talk face to face with, who know's their product, and are willing to negotiate with you unlike best buy or wally world... I wish they were a Marantz dealer as well, I would've gotten the receiver from them too...

It's a shame I have these beautiful speakers staring me in the face and I have to listen to these pitiful bose cinemate instead lol

It's a shame I have these beautiful speakers staring me in the face and I have to listen to these pitiful bose cinemate instead lol

we all feel sorry for you in that aspect :)

im not sure if anyone mentioned the site monoprice to you or not but they sell speaker wire at amazing prices, since you have to wait anyway for the receiver then waiting for a wire order would be no extra pain as it usually takes a few days (biggest cost difference is the over priced hdmi cables that sell for 5 dollars on here instead of 50+) since your receiver will handle hdmi youd probably stand to save a bit if you need a bunch of cabling, also banana plug pairs are the same way 1 dollar instead of 15-20, figure id mention it if you didnt get all the stuff already

I got a 250' roll of 16 ga speaker wire from lowes... the install manual Says you can hook up the speakers via bare wire, spade lug, or banana plug... im initially gonna install the wires bare. What is the advantage if any of using a banana plug?

• Moderators

What is the advantage if any of using a banana plug?

Mainly convenience of being able to swap between speakers. Sometimes I will purchase speakers just to see how they compare with my RF-83's. It's nice to be able to quickly switch between the different sets of speakers. Bare wire would be a royal pain.

This REALLY makes connecting cables to the back of your receiver much easier, especially if it is difficult to get back there to it.