RF 7II,I bought them.

cubdog

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Congratulations! clap.gif [<:o)]

This is going to be the longest weekend of your life! If you need us, we'll be here for you. In the mean time I find it helpful to keep busy. If you've got some "small Jobs" around the house that you've been putting off, like re-roofing, digging the hole for a swimming pool, re-sheetrocking the HT, painting the whole interior/exterior of your house, these are the things that take your mind off of WAITING FOR YOUR NEW SPEAKERS!! [<:o)] LOL

Keep us posted,

Dennie [;)]

Just got mine today, they are replacing a pair of Classic RF-7s. They sound fantastic!! Debating on the RC-64II and a sub, or stick with 2ch and upgrade my amp and pream.

Congrats...

Nice what would you say they sound like compared to your old rf-7? I thought they sounded way different but I heard them in a store not at home although they were side by side so still a good comparison. To me they sounded bigger cleaner and harder to localize. (lol my one sentence review)

Just got mine today, they are replacing a pair of Classic RF-7s. They sound fantastic!! Debating on the RC-64II and a sub, or stick with 2ch and upgrade my amp and pream.

Congrats...

Nice what would you say they sound like compared to your old rf-7? I thought they sounded way different but I heard them in a store not at home although they were side by side so still a good comparison. To me they sounded bigger cleaner and harder to localize. (lol my one sentence review)

I'd agree with your account - smoother bass and less shrill on the top end, but still retains the precise clarity and punch. Me likes[:D]

Congrats...

I'd agree with your account - smoother bass and less shrill on the top end, but still retains the precise clarity and punch. Me likesBig Smile

What do you power yours with?

Now I'm getting impatient. There's just something about getting new speakers.

cubdog

That's funny, 'cause I was just thinking about you. See, it is now time to repave the driveway, or repaint the house. Tic Toc, tic toc, tic toc!!! [O] LOL

Hang in there Cubdog, it will be Monday before you know it!

Dennie

Well, I don't have them yet. I bought them from a seller located a couple hundred miles north of me. He thought they would arrive today. I called the freight line and they told me the speakers are in Chicago. Next, they will drive right by me on their way to the Quad Cities. Then they will turn around and come back east to Oregon Il. A three hour drive turns into a 6 day odyssey. Thank God shipping was free.

cubdog

I guess that it feels like Christmas has been delayed but they will arrive soon. In the mean time can you tell me about your CF-3's and what you think of them especially the mid and top end from those big horns? I can't find a pair to listen to so your impressions are as close as I will get for some time. Thanks and best regards Moray James.

Love my CF3s,[version 2],. I have 4 of them in my HT setup with a KV4. I have also used a single pair for 2 channel listening. I listen primarily to jazz, lots of piano and saxophone. Sometimes at higher volumes these instruments can sound harsh on any system. The CF3s are very tame in this regard much more so than the Cornwalls they repaced. I would love to hear some version 1s of either the 3 or 4s. If I don't like the 7s that is still an option.

cubdog