Question about RF-35s

jdnavioneer

$500 For the 35's is a little steep.If you be patient and look hard you will find the 82's for way less than retail.I would also consider them slightly better than the 35's.

• Moderators

If you be patient and look hard you will find the 82's for way less than retail.

That is the key to finding good deals...willing to delay pleasure and wait patiently for the right deal.

I found a local guy with a pair of RF-35s in good condition... He told me to make him an offer. What are these bad boys worth?

I just bought a pair of mint Oak veneer RF-35's for $400 locally here in Toronto. Matches well I think with my RC-62. I moved my old SF1's to surround duty until I find some RB's. good luck with decision if you can get them at a price your comfortable with. I know I'm happy!

I kinda think the 35s are a bit more difficult to find than the RF-3s and RF-82s which sandwiched them. Also, I don't think they go as deep as either (but without checking I could be wrong). All three would give you similar sound and should be found for between $300-$500.00 if you watch clist regularly. If you are looking for the RF-35s in paticular to match other speakers (right color and condition), then they might just me worth $500.00.

These speakers will be for Home Theater and stereo music. I will be using a powered sub with this set up. These speakers sound great and I personally like the all gold look on the woofers as opposed to the black/gold on the RF-5's. What center channels match up well with these speakers? I'm thinking an RC-62. Also need a good sub... my room is 16x28.