I got it !

So i picked up the Svs 20-39 pci and setting it up ." Thanks again for all of your input it was very helpful ! " Anyway who has this speaker or the pci plus or even the newer model which replaced the 20-39 pci ? If you could help with the adjustments in the back. I know its preference to the individual person . Its just more of a guide on adjustments . There are 3 knobs labeled as follows : crossover - phase - gain . Thank you .

Inkabodpain,

Congrats on the SVS. I hear good things about them.

you could help with the adjustments in the back. I know its preference to the individual person . Its just more of a guide on adjustments . There are 3 knobs labeled as follows : crossover - phase - gain

crossover--------disable in the sub or turn to highest setting and let your Pioneer handle bass management.

phase-------------if sub is placed in same plane(up front with RF-82's), set phase at 0 degrees. If any other placement, trial and error is in order.

gain---------------set at half volume with controls on subwoofer and let Pioneer speaker setup determine master volume.

Tweak to you preference.

Bill

• Moderators

One way to adjust phase is to have someone sit in your listening position with a DB meter, when you move the phase between 0--180 where it plays the loudest on the meter is right. Where it plays the most DB's is where it's not canceling out any bass from your other speakers.

One way to adjust phase is to have someone sit in your listening position with a DB meter, when you move the phase between 0--180 where it plays the loudest on the meter is right. Where it plays the most DB's is where it's not canceling out any bass from your other speakers.

Correct, but be sure to use a frequency close to the crossover point where your sub AND mains are both playing.