Home Theatre Mods

JasonJCarney

Windywilly fans came in the other day. I just bought a set of 3 for my Epson as kind of a test of the Windy Willy products. So far so good. They have a flush mount set up if you drill out a 3 1/4 inch hole. They really do move a decnt amount of air. I will deffinately order 2 more sets of these for my onkyo and Emotiva.

1314978555.jpg

1314978536.jpg

It was packed very securely with multiple layers of bubble wrap. You could tell he assembles these at home and they are not from a factory just by the packing. However I don't care where they are made as long as they work. Fairly inexpensive too at $35 shipped.

1314979984.jpg

1314979965.jpg

You can see here it's basically just a power inverter attached to 3 DC fans. The connection seems a little weak and could be easy to break but I guess it won't matter once they are installed since I won't be moving it.

1314979948.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can see the red/white connection point i was talking about here.

1314979948.jpg

The fans are temperature sensitive so they will spin faster when the temp indicator senses more heat. its the black ball looking do hicky close to the word "made" in the made in indonesia

1314979933.jpg

Thats all I have for pics for now. I have them installed but forgot to take any shots. I'll do that soon and update the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I finally got my hands on Blubitrates Paradigm DSP 3400! Well let's say it arrived at my house and when I get home from work in the morning I will get my hands on it [:D]. Many Thanks to Dysmae for picking it up and dropping it off at the UPS store. Wouldn't have it without him so Thank You Sir. I will of course post pics. I also grabbed a second 3400 off eBay for $675 shipped. That one is in the good hands of Fedex as well.

I was debating between the eBay one and just dropping $850 for a semi local brand new version 2. I called paradigm and they confirmed what the dealer said. Version one and Version 2 are the exact same with the exception of the USB port and ability to use the PBK. Since my 3 other paradigms do not have the USB port I decided to just take a chance on the eBay offering and save $175. They claim it's brand new anyway so we shall see.

I think I will use that $175 towards a Logitech 1100 remote. But not until my subs are all set up.

Got home at 630am today and found this

1316691433.jpg

Opened her up

1316691627.jpg

Not much for peanuts on the top or bottom. UPS could have done a better job. I think the fact that I wrap all my speakers in 1 layer of bubble wrap before I drop at the UPS store does make a difference. But no damage to the top so no problem. I had the boy take a closer look

1316692120.jpg

1316692120.jpg

• Moderators

Wow, I cannot believe they only put peanuts in it. I shipped a Velodyne DD12 to a guy out of state and I wrapped the heck out of it, had 3 inches of foam etc. Glad it made it safely.

Awesome pic of your son! Too cute bro. Train him up right.

yeah I was thinking that too as I unwrapped it. I wanted to confirm with Blu on this before I made it public.... there was some damage to the screen. I'll post pics later but the lower screen tabs were damaged. It's kind of obvious when I opened the package that there was almost zero padding on the top....which led to the assumption that the bottom would be the same way. The bottom pegs and screen fram were damaged. Now I don't use the screens so I don't really care. But if I ever want to sell I need that thing in good condition. So I am filing a claim with UPS for the cost of a replacement. we'll see how that goes. I always bubble wrap an item before I bring it to UPS... maybe that's why I never hear of any damage? Im sure had UPS bubble wrapped it then it would have been fine. Anyway more pics to come..... and I can't wait to listen to it!

1316688240.jpg

The important thing is that the subwoofer cabinet is not damaged. I did plug it in and set it up.... so it does work and everything is visually fine. Just with that peg cracked it doesn't like to go on and come off easy. You can clearly see that the packing peanuts were smashed into the screen material from some rough handling. Obviously this was shipping damage clear as day. But like I said... Not a huge deal to me.[pi]

1316692625.jpg

Hey Jason. That really is too bad that UPS did such a crappy job packing the sub. Had I not been out of town and shipping it from my own home, I definitly would have bubble wrapped it. I'm really suprised that they didn't put foam corners in the box. I will say this. When I dropped it off, it was a young kid(probably early college) that was working the desk. Now I don't know if he packed it or not, but he definitly seemed like he couldn't wait to get out of work, and here I come with a 60lb subwoofer to ship as closing time drew near. As a side note, I too thought the subwoofer would be a lot heavier than it was.

Here is a pic of the sub on the UPS scale, grill on and in good shape.

Posted Image

I got my RB51ii's and my RC42ii within a few days of eachother. Very happy wth the looks. Gotta run Audyssey tonight.

1316874703.jpg

1316874687.jpg

1316874669.jpg

This picture you can see my two Paradigm DSP 3400's in place. I used a 1/2 inch Gel mat under them to avoid any vibrations. Seems to work well as I can't feel any vibration under the shelf.

1317123356.jpg

1317123411.jpg

1317412157.jpg

Right now I have a 10 inch box fan on top of my onkyo but it's not staying there. I'm gonna hit up WindyWilly again for a couple small DC fans. There is more room above the Onkyo on this shelf than used to be there so this will be cooler even without a fan.

1317412130.jpg

1317412144.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've made a couple changes. Surprise surprise right. Well I went back to my eD A5-350's in the wall and sold off the 3400's. I also bought a 3008 from gorm and replaced the XPA-5 with 2 onkyo m-282's. Of course added the THT but not sure if that is staying. I'm gonna take some nice shots with the wife's camera and post them soon.

• 4 months later...

So I started phase 2 of my basement makeover. Finally feel confident that our water issues are a thing of the past. So we are adding a bar area with 2 tv's and musical entertainment, a half bath and another area for my wife. Here's a couple pics of the bar area progress. Counter tops and trim go in next tuesday and the flooring goes in next Saturday.

1344142075.jpg

Bar area

1344144126.jpg

We'll have a 39 inch tv behind the bar and a 46 inch on the wall across the room.... if you have not seen the new Westinghouse "ew" models then you should check them out. The picture is very good, not great but very good. The high points on them are the price ($399 for the 39 inch and $549 for the 46 inch), the depth is super thin, and the outer bezal which is also super thin. Similar to the new Samsungs but a lesser picture at 1/3 the price. This is the 46 inch model here.

m1344143060.jpg

I am using a spacer on the mount right now until I can find a shorter bolt... then the TV will mount even closer to the wall than it is now.

1344142795.jpg

1344142795.jpg