Home Theatre Mods

JasonJCarney

One of the forum members sent me a deposit to hold them for a couple weeks till he could pick them up. It's actually been 3 weeks and still no further response. You think maybe he just wanted to give me $100 for kicks? Lol I marked them sold when the check cleared. I'm sure he b in contact at some point.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Good to hear my first $100 cleared, I also sent the rest of the money and you forgot so I'll be by this week for pick up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since this is my thread I thought I would update with some new pics....

Been looking for more cabinet space to add my Monster surge protectors. So I extended the projector cabinet down a bit. I am planning on also putting my rear surround 6th channel in the cabinet but I'm still thinking about rs vs rb line.

1314722455.jpg

While I was at it I decided to match the trim to my screen trim and I will be heading off to home depot today for supplies to make my previous 2 cabinets match the center trim. I have a 3rd shelf I can add in when I finally make my speaker decision and find the appropriate height. I used oak veneer on the 3/4 inch shelf and a thinnly sliced piece of oak board for the 3 inch thick shelf. My other shelf is oak already so I won't have to apply veneer again.

1314732685.jpg

1314739395.jpg

More pics to come

Now we cant have a HT without subs so lets see what our friend from Canada dropped at the front step ehh

1314908505.jpg

And what was inside?

1314908480.jpg

Im a little embarrassed by that last photo now that I see how empty my beer fridge is.... time to fill up lol

1314908448.jpg

I struggle to say these are used cause try as I might I can't find a single blemish. Every corner every possible spot for scrtaches and nicks is clean. Many thanks to Canuck Audio Mart and user Brent Briscoe for a great price, smooth super fast transaction and Perfect 10/10 condition sub. Also thanks to my wife since she bought them for me![:D] On the included receipt it says these were purchased 8/2/09... so there are 2 years old and still perfect.

1314908543.jpg

I find it humerous that my 2 subs have only half the woofer area as my RF7ii's![:P]

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

Even the grills were perfect and Brent included his original receipt and manuals and what appears to be all factory packaging. These are the reason to keep everythig you get with the product including every bit of packing.... From Ontario Canada to my door in Massachusetts through UPS mind you... with zero damage.

Hey, I loved the trimmed wall shelves. Now what frames and cloth?

keep the holes as display cases for movie busts or mini bass traps.

for the lights I found a local stage and theater lighting rental supply business and picked up 2 Rosco filter gel sample paks for fFREE (like hundreds of jenga shaped samples in a stack ready to use) and used dark green to quiet my red Behringer leds to a weak barely visible level.

Hey, I loved the trimmed wall shelves. Now what frames and cloth? keep the holes as display cases for movie busts or mini bass traps. for the lights I found a local stage and theater lighting rental supply business and picked up 2 Rosco filter gel sample paks for fFREE (like hundreds of jenga shaped samples in a stack ready to use) and used dark green to quiet my red Behringer leds to a weak barely visible level.

Thx jsaint. What frames and cloth are you referring too? I have a couple ideas on what to fill the old A5 cubbies with. Either 2 paradigm dsp 3400's.... or I could put my mini fridge in one side and move my Emotiva above my Monster's.... my wife seems to think they are going to be cubbies for my sons toys'![:|]

Yeah I sold them to Brunt. I had a bad experience with eD on a 15 inch custom sub purchase. Basically the sub had super low output and was bottoming out at low levels. So I returned it....eD took it back (even though it was custom) which I thought was cool. The agreement was they would refund everything except the shipping and a restocking fee. I felt that the sub was either broken. The driver was also bottoming out even at low levels. I have video proof of this and it was sent to eD. After days of trouble shooting via the phone and email with eD (including swapping the driver out with one of my A5-350 subs) they agreed that if the sub was broken they would not charge me for anything and I would get a full refund.

After this whole episode I just can't have an eD product in my house.

Now get those eD subs out of your profile and replace them with the Paradigms so you can continue with your recovery.[:P]

Those Paradigms of yours do look really cool.[H]

Bill

How do you like the new subs?

Well I was thinking I would need 2 3400's to replace the A5's and then I wanted to add the 3100's upfront. I didn't think I would nessasarily NEED 4 subs but I like the look of subs upfront and didnt think the 3100's would be enough. So to answer your question I like the subs very much. They are louder than I thought they would be. I pushed them to a little distortion and then back off the volume a bit. Honestly I could go without the 3400's and the HT would still hit pretty hard. However since I feel the need for things to be balanced I am still in the market for 2 3400's used. My local dealer wants $1720 new and I don't NEED them that bad. I thought they would move more on the price then they did.

I do think it's funny to see my two 10 inch "subs" next to four 10 inch RF7ii drivers.[:P]

Just spent the last 2 ours of my work day reading this thread instead of working on my presentation. Wife is not going to be happy that I am bringing work home.[:(] Besides that, I can't think of a better way to spend a couple hours. Can't wait until I get into a real house(not a rental) so I can build out the basement to my hearts content...

Thanks GB. Yeah it's kind of a sickness. Can't stop changing everything every 2 minutes. I usually get a movie or 2 in before another change is made! lol. So upcoming "mods" are:

1. Have some cooling fans coming in soon (clearing out the ghetto fans).

2. Decided to get an actual screen as well so that's in the mail.

3. At some point I need to address the birds nest of wires.

4. Need to pull the trim behind my front stage and hide the rca and power cable from the 3100's.

5. Figure out my rear surround channel as it's an HD300 right now. Can't decide between RB's or RS.

• Moderators

At some point I need to address the birds nest of wires.

I used to always have the same birds next going on until I built my HT. When I bought my amp and had to build a shelf for the receiver, I decided to organize all of my wiring. Now, I'm really glad I spent the time to organize it. I made sure all signal wires did not cross power cables. All wires are tidy and are organized. To me, it's definitely worth the time to do.