Transformers III -Dark Side Of The Moon-

Ironsave

We went and saw this last night.

No spoiler alert here.....

Just an excellent action/ sci fi movie.

The action is well placed throughout; and the storyline is actually better than most.

(The only tease I will give is Lenord Nimoy has a voice role in the movie; which is well done).

This is the best "3rd installment" of a movie I can remember.

I can not wait for blue ray! (I WILL be doing this at home).....

• Moderators

I havne't looked up the info on it yet, but does it have all the profanity and sexuality of the 2nd one? I took my 10 yr old son to see it and had a long 20 minute drive home apologizing for the movie and explaining a lot of what he saw. Frankly, I was quite embarrassed. I hope they have cleaned up the third one.

I grew up playing with Transformers and LOVED them. Just hate to see a movie producer trying to use sex, drugs, and profanity to help push movie sales. Truly sad.....

Youth,

There were 2 spots I recall that were a bit inappropriate.

(So; that's probably a yes).

No nudity; but some nice shots of Sam's GF in bikini style undies. (She is pretty btw).

No F words that I recall, but some profanity and tinged jokes.

I know my kids are exposed to this at school. My rule is; respect our house and adults.

If you are caught cursing; serious consequence. If it happens on the playground; it is what it is.

(I was cursing by the age of 7; just never got caught at home).

Anyway it is rated PG 13; so it is definitely not R rated material........

Hope that helps.

No nudity; but some nice shots of Sam's GF in bikini style undies. (She is pretty btw).

Wasn't she a Victorias Secret model?

She has the british accent and the "pouty lips", ( and again; very gorgeous); so I would not be surprised.

I did like "Sam's" other GF better...... (In the first 2 movies).

• Moderators

Thx Ironsave. I just looked up the content on PluggedIn.com. Great site for parents to check out a movie before they take their young ones to see it.

Here is what they say regarding language:

We hear two f-words, a use of the acronym "WTF," and one use of the
uncompleted phrase "clusterf---," with the f-word being cut off before
it's spoken. Jesus' name is misused once, and God's is abused about 15
times. At least 10 s-words. Other language includes about 10 uses of
"a--," as well as a handful each of "h---," "d--n," "d--k" and "b--ch."
"W-nker" and "b--tard" are each uttered once.

Thx Ironsave. I just looked up the content on PluggedIn.com. Great site for parents to check out a movie before they take their young ones to see it.

Here is what they say regarding language:

We hear two f-words, a use of the acronym "WTF," and one use of the uncompleted phrase "clusterf---," with the f-word being cut off before it's spoken. Jesus' name is misused once, and God's is abused about 15 times. At least 10 s-words. Other language includes about 10 uses of "a--," as well as a handful each of "h---," "d--n," "d--k" and "b--ch." "W-nker" and "b--tard" are each uttered once.

Thanks... Had not heard of that site....... (Bookmarked now).

When you see all of that; it does seem inappropriate for kids.

It is however geared towards that audience. [:S]

I havne't looked up the info on it yet, but does it have all the profanity and sexuality of the 2nd one? I took my 10 yr old son to see it and had a long 20 minute drive home apologizing for the movie and explaining a lot of what he saw. Frankly, I was quite embarrassed. I hope they have cleaned up the third one.

I grew up playing with Transformers and LOVED them. Just hate to see a movie producer trying to use sex, drugs, and profanity to help push movie sales. Truly sad.....

It’s not a kid’s movie it

gets really dark, and a lot of people die. (There was sexuality is the first

one too) I loved the movie but I’m a

huge fan of anything transformers. I have read mixed reviews but I think if you

like transforms you will love this movie. I saw it in 3d and the 3d parts are

ok but I’m going to go see it again in 2d. I thought the story was the best of

the 3 with some great twists where you can’t help but say wow. Keep in mind

this movie is made for men in their 30s more than anything. Being that we are

the ones in the 80s that played with them the most.

I do not think it is just for men in their 30s who originally watched the cartoon and played with the toys.

I believe it is geared towards the "next generation" to try and rekindle the toy sales and everything else that encompasses the marketing; so I disagree with that statement. It's PG 13, not R.

(Go in the toy store. There are many transformer toys; new ones with the updated characters' looks).

I do not think it is just for men in their 30s who originally watched the cartoon and played with the toys.

I believe it is geared towards the "next generation" to try and rekindle the toy sales and everything else that encompasses the marketing; so I disagree with that statement. It's PG 13, not R.

(Go in the toy store. There are many transformer toys; new ones with the updated characters' looks).

My comment was “more than anything “never said just for men

in their 30s. Even Michel bay said he felt he needed to make sure more than anything”

that generation was happy with the movies”. They want as many fans as possible

but all movies have a certain genre they are going for. I watched an interview with the writers and

they said they same thing bay said. I also collect new and old transformers (I’m

a nerd) and I agree there is always some of that. But a lot of those movie toys

are being bough by guys in there 30s (like me) as wells kids. Also I wouldn’t bring

a 13 year old to that movie. But that’s just me not saying someone’s wrong if

they do.