Harman Kardon 730 vs Arcam AVR100 - help decide please.

zzbg

Hi people,

I am about to buy one of the following amps: Harman Kardon 730 or Arcam AVR100 receiver for Klipsch KG 3.5..

They both have great reviews.. And I can get them for the same price ($200).. I never heard either of these and can't audition.. Which one would be better? The room is relatively small if that matters...

I know HK730 is regarded as a great unit, but Arcam also has many delighted reviews (which especially mention its musicality) and has some extra features, which might be useful..

I kind of have time until tomorrow, and would greatly appreciate any input..

I can not give you any input on a comparison between the two amps, as I have no experience with the Arcam. However, I have an HK 730 hooked up to La Scala's......and I have no interest in changing amps (unless I eventually decide to try out a tube amp). The 730 is wonderful.....very smooth with tight bass. Before picking up the 730, I had the LS's hooked up to a Sansui AU-717....very clean and detailed sound.....highly regarded integrated amp.....the Sansui is now doing garage duty. Can't go wrong with the 730.

Hogfan

Hey zzbg, welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we're glad you are here.

At that price point, I would be looking at features. Get the one that has the features you need/want. For $200 they are going to be very similar, so features is the key.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Dennie

thanks!

Well honestly I will be using the setup mostly for two-channel audio.. an option to have 5.1 setup is nice, but looks like AVR100 isn't the best choice for HT-receiver (came across some furious reviews)... HK730 on the other hand is something of a legend already... but it became legendary as a receiver for under $100. so..

Anyway I just relocated and need new sound system ))

thanks!

Well honestly I will be using the setup mostly for two-channel audio.. an option to have 5.1 setup is nice, but looks like AVR100 isn't the best choice for HT-receiver (came across some furious reviews)... HK730 on the other hand is something of a legend already... but it became legendary as a receiver for under $100. so..

Anyway I just relocated and need new sound system ))

Well, you're on the right track and we're glad to help.

Have you seen this.....

2150Per.jpg

Here is the link -------> CLICK HERE

It has all the features, Ipod input, Bass Management, Phono input, USB, etc... and is only $699 and comes with a warranty! [Y]

I just wanted to mention it, but I am not sure of your budget.

Dennie

The Outlaw is a really nice unit and I considered it myself recently when I purchased a new amp. [Y]

For those with a tighter budget, these are great choices as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-Integrated-Digital-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B000J0ORMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309996133&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-HK-3490-Radio-ready/dp/B00198F89A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309996162&sr=1-1

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!