Netflix Rates Increase

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt be suprised if someone got rich off this on the inside....sell off your shares and lets tank it so you can buyback at a lower rate +40% for you!

wouldnt suprise me one bit with such a blatently dumb idea and giving customers huge rate increases while making it more of a hastle with 2 sites to have to track movies

and now its just keep one company and keep the rate increase...glad i canceled from these crooks before they got my rate increase

• Moderators

Sounds about right, raise prices 60% then announce a move to split the service that will upset people and distract them from the price increase. Then come back and say we mad a bad decision and will not split, it will stay one company and people are happy. I don't care if they go back to the other price, were done.

You guys might be right that this was the plan all the time (tho I'm not convinced).

But, here in Des Moines, there isn't a better deal, netflix beats the local cable\sat options by a mile.

I rarely (in fact, I'd use the word never but I also try to never use the word never) watch TV "shows". I'm exclusively movies and the cheapest cable\sat option is 3-4 times the rate of netflix and I'd lose the option of getting to watch when I want to watch (and yes, I've looked at the cable options that let you choose and start a movie and that's about 10X the rate of NF).

As I refuse to pay the exhorbitant rates the cable\sat companies want, NF seems to be a good option at this point.

• Moderators

You guys might be right that this was the plan all the time (tho I'm not convinced).

I have no idea if this was the plan all along, in the long run it doesn't make a difference, it's what there doing.

Were not canceling because of the rate or even if it's two companies or one. The reason were quitting is because we really don't use either service enough to keep them.

Just when all of this news started with them we realized we were not using streaming or the Blurays/DVD's enough to keep paying, it would be much cheaper to just go rent when we did want to watch something.

That makes sense to me. I only cancelled the DVD mailing part, I kept the streaming. Looks like they are trying hard to add new movies.

I have no idea if this was the plan all along, in the long run it doesn't make a difference, it's what there doing.

Were not canceling because of the rate or even if it's two companies or one. The reason were quitting is because we really don't use either service enough to keep them.

Just when all of this news started with them we realized we were not using streaming or the Blurays/DVD's enough to keep paying, it would be much cheaper to just go rent when we did want to watch something.