Matching Center

unclewally

Hi

Im new here but I am looking to get a new center speaker to match my kg 3.5 fronts which I am very happy with. In my local KLIPSCH store I listened to sc-1 and rc-3 ll I loved the sound of the rc-3 I use my system for CTV dvds and audio with my 37' Mit computer monitor. I understand center matching and how important the center chanel is and like the notion of a strong center

Uncle-

I am just down the road from you...welcome to the Klipsch area.

TTK is right, for your KG 3.5s, you would be best served by either the KV-2 or KV-3. Personally, I'd go for the KV-3 as it has a bit more of everything the KV-2 does. While I don't have the same mains you do, the KV-3 served me pretty well between a pair of Forte IIs.

You are correct about center channel matching. I have gone through the KV-3, KV-4 (made for Epic series), and now have the Academy and it is amazing the difference between the three speakers. By all means, find a matching center, or maybe you can find another pair of KG 3.5s and use one of them as your center. You will be impressed with the difference a timbre-matched front trio will produce!

quote:

Originally posted by unclewally:

I loved the sound of the rc-3 I use my system for CTV dvds and audio with my 37' Mit computer monitor.

Just wondering if that was truly feet or inches? One heck of a monitor if...

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 04-30-2002 at 09:22 AM

unclewally,

A KG 2.2 or KG 2.5 would also work perfectly. Versions with a "v" after it are already magnetically sheilded and are available on Ebay and elsewhere used.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601

Well to be honest my Mits is measured in yards

Ive been looking on ebay and ubid and as of yet have not found kv 2 or 3 or kg 2 or 2.5

Do you that the new sc1 or rc3 will be that much of a mis match

I will keep looking does anyone know other source

Thanks for your input its hard to buy speakers with out trying them out on your system first even from a store never mind Ebay

thanks Walt

cwm25.gif

I've got a KV-2 (black) that is in good mechanical condition and pretty good shape cosmetically(I'm picky).The only mar in the finish is on the bottom(pea sized).If interested I'll sell it for $85 plus shipping.If you aren't satisfied with the speaker I'll even take it back,less the shipping costs of course.

I've got a KLF-C7 (black) that has about an hour of play time too.It would be overkill for the 3.5's though.

Keith

Hi Keith Im interested

How much for the KLF C7 I live for over kill

I also need to replace sub if I buy KV-2 I might be able to buy Sub 10"?

I wonder if anyone local has used Klipsch say in New Milford?

I wont be home until late tonight if you want Email me at unclewally4@comcast.net

Thanks Walt

unclewally,

Do yourself a big favor and buy the KV2 from TTK. That's a great price, and it will work very well with your 3.5s. Don't get the C7 for your application. I paid over $160 for a KV2 a little over a year ago, so this is a good deal.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601

hi all,

i have also been looking at the kv-2,3,4 series to replace the kt-lcr i have been using as a center with my kg5.5's. the lcr is a good speaker, but after a year of trying every position and level setting i'm ready to try another speaker entirely. and since my wife, and the room, won't accomidate another pair of 5.5's (i have them as surrounds as well) i am looking towards these. i see the kv-2 matched up with the kg5.5's and km-6's on this site, and i saw the recommendation for the kv-3 earlier, but what about the kv-4? would it match at all? anyway, anyone who is interested in an oak finish kt-lcr, let me know. thanks

david

For reasons outlined in "Time to re-visit phantom center - DTS vs. DD 5.1" and many other posts, the best Center for any HT or SACD system is a Center that is identical to the Mains... even if it is customized to lay horizontally.

The growth and polish that has occurred in mixing 5.1 (and above) the dts and DD formats has outpaced the scaled down Center designs of yesteryear IMHO.

Since I have made this known quite often, I tarried in saying it one more time on this thread. But, the comments of T-Man, a person whom I respect, compelled me to once again honor PWK's example of as it applies to other horn-based speaker combinations. Obviously, the Belle is PWK's answer to having a non-corner "Khorn" in the middle... and applying that logic resulted in a horizontal KLF-30 Center that has lifted my HT to a whole new level of enjoyment of multi-channel music and awesome DVD's. -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

what a difference a day makes. i talked with my wife last night about the center channel (and rear center channel eventually) and she was suddenly quite supportive of my selling the kt-lcr and adding another pair of 5.5's. so, up it went on ebay, along with my inferior sub, and i am now in the market for another pair of 5.5's or km-6's. i'm gonna call the dealer where i purchased the other ones, even though it has been over a year, and see if he has any more available. now, i have to figure out how to arrange the tv and stuff... it would be nice just to get a plasma display and hang it on the wall above the front speakers, or a crt projector and screen, but as that won't be happening i guess i will be constructing somethng to place our 32" sony above the speakers. i don't think i have the skills to reconstruct the 5.5 into a horizontal center, but i may be wrong. i'll search horn ed's posts and see if he left any instructions. lots of rambling today. got the upgrade fever. Smile.gif

david

db, I have a pair of KG5.5's (black oak)that I bought new in 1995.They are in pretty dadgum good condition cosmetically and mechanically.I bought new grills a little over a year ago for the speakers and the grills are still in the box.The speakers actually haven't had a lot of use over their lifetime.You'd need to see/hear them for yourself as I try not to overdescribe.I'd like to have $450 for the pair.Let me know if you're interested.

Keith (B'ham)

PS EDIT> I have the spikes and spike caps in case that matters.

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 05-03-2002 at 09:55 AM