Matching Center

unclewally

dbngaa,

With the 5.5s it might be quite easy to do this. All you need is a jig saw and a screwdriver - maybe some glue. Take a piece of MDF, trace your driver holes where you want them from the original board, cut out the holes, and screw it into the original speaker box. Install drivers, glue on magnets for the grill, and that should be it. I imagine the port can stay where it is on the 5.5. For about $50 you can get the bucking magnets to shield it from your TV.

Now I'm tempted to split a pair with you and try the same thing on my own! The wife would have a fit, though. What I really need to find is a damaged pair or single KG 5.5 with good drivers and electronics. I would just throw out the cabinet and build a new one into my new entertainment center that I will have to design and build when I get a new TV anyway. That would be a shame with Keith's nice 5.5s.

Anybody know what the electronics, drivers, and port goes for on the 5.5? I miss the parts page we used to have here. I imagine it would be less expensive to find a used 5.5 than to build from new parts anyway.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601

dbng-

What Doug said is completely correct. I have had all three centers; KV-3, KV-4, and now Academy. For my Forte IIs, the KV-3 did well, but now that I have the Academy, I know what I was missing. I think your KG 5.5s would be best served with the KV-3. The KV-4 was made for Epic and it is brighter than either the -3 or the Academy. At some point, I will find my audition notes as I played with all three centers and post for the group.

Uncle Wally-

If there were a used Klipsch dealer around here, I'd be there weekly! I am still hoping at some of these flea markets I'll come across a pair of K-horns or other big Heritage speakers that just need a good loving home.

T-man-

What is that SVS CS+ sub like? I have the PW2200 and really enjoy it, but thinking seriously about 1-2 of the 20-39 CS+ beasts.

Jhawk,

Now that we are completely off topic, I'll just say that your sub is a very fine sub indeed. I don't think you will find any difference between yours and (1) CS+. You may be able to get a db or 2 more down low is all. Look to add an additional 6 db with 2 subs. Of course, they must be both corner loaded in the same corner.

In all, I am pleased with my SVS. I really has the potential to scare the crap out of me whenever I want to turn it up. Of course, I'm only running a whimpy amp, as it can handle 2x the power I'm feeding it. Could probably squeak a few more db with a bigger amp, but I really think I have enough. The next bass upgrade I need to do is get a parametric EQ and then get a bigger amp. I have some nasty room nodes I need to fix.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601

ttk,

thanks for the offer. i've got to wait on the outcome of my auctions to see how quickly i can purchase the new speakers, but i'll let you know in a few days.

t-man,

sure it sounds easy, but i'm wary of messing with perfection. Smile.gif plus, with the 6th speaker being a rear center, and having nowhere to place it except standing up, i might just try building a custom cabinet for the tv to sit above the speakers. or IF i can score a rp/hdtv sometime soon, i could just build a riser to get the screen up above the speakers. anyway, i'll think about your suggestion though.

Not to be argumentative or anything, but as I said earlier,I actually have a pair of KG5.5's and have listened to them for years. If someone were to ask for my opinion regarding the best matching center for the Klipsch KG5.5's I would have to say that there is no perfect ready made matching center speaker.The KV-3 plays too small and the KLF-C7 plays too large,if you get my drift. Given a choice, I would go large. :^)

Keith

"Philanthropist- Filling a container with urine and tossing it."

Tossing where

1 Over sholder (if so Right or left)

2 On Bose speakers

3 Midget holding container?

4 On Bose speakers

5 On piano

6 On plant on speaker (if so what type of plant)

7 On Bose speakers (if so once or more than once)

quote:

Originally posted by ShapeShifter:

Just wondering if that was truly feet or inches? One heck of a monitor if...

Wes

we have those in our editing suite. they are real Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Its measured in inches

I have a 37" MITSUBISHI XC3725 monitor it does 1280 x 1024 at 120 hz I use it for DVD Divx and have a tv card on which I run Descaler to deinterlace and clean up CTV.

Its a few years old but works great.

I saw a video wall that was made up of 9 32" monitors on Ebay that would be cool but trying to adj. so all 9 matched would not have been, It went cheap but I think shiping would have been a killer

T-man-

Thanks for the kind words on the PW2200. I am certainly very pleased with it and really don't need to upgrade anytime soon. I just like thinking about monster bass to go with my HT. I think I'll ping the folks in the Subwoofer page to see what they have to say. I certainly can't afford two CS+ units right now, as I am in the process of upgrading my L/R mains, but maybe someday...Besides, I don't know if I could fit two tubes in the same area. My 2200 is actually not in a corner, but along a wall about 3' from a corner. It sounds really good to me. Thanks for the input.