Heresy for HT

JonC

With the homepage emphasis on the Heresy and the proud to be made in Hope banner, I've been increasingly intrigued by the Heresy speakers. However, their use seems to be largely focused on 2 channel use. Any chance Klipsch will come out with a matching center channel for the Heresy? I think that would be pretty cool.

Jon

I doubt that will ever happen, but one can hope... The perfect match would be a third Heresy for a center if you have the space (I know many do not)... I ran 3 Heresy IIIs across the front stage of my now dismantled home theater setup, and it sounded great!![Y]

the academy would be the matched center you would be seeking i believe. It would be used though. I have 2 heresys, i mostly use them for 2 channel. They have large imaging but not powerful imaging. I just hooked my heresys up today since i have finished setting up my HT in its new location and in comparison to my rf-7's, the imaging is large on both but the 7's have more power behind the sound.

I like the heresys because of their sonic qualities when it comes to music that is very vocal. For instance, christina perri na dher jar of hearts song or sarah brighrman, andrea bocelli, enya etc. For other rock music and what not, meh, i think that my 7's and the other speakers i have used from the reference line are much more versitle. As far using the heresys for l/r channel in an HT, i think they would do fine. I use and RC-7 when i do HT and for me, i think the match is pretty decent tonally/timbre speaking, its acceptable to me. The academy would be better though.

Heresys are extremely light on bass, they werent designed to be full range towers so to speak, they were designed to be center channels for the belles or the la scalas or one of the other larger heritage speakers. Well, they nailed the design for that, very clear with vocals. I would just do 3 heresys or heresys all around for a HT. A subwoofer is a must!

• Moderators

A designed center for a Heresy would not be much different in size than a Heresy, an Academy is not terribly smaller than a Heresy and gives up alot for the slightly smaller size.

imo

• Moderators

I would just do 3 heresys or heresys all around for a HT. A subwoofer is a must!

[Y]

I do the same thing with Forte's so going by that sound, all Heresy's and a good sub would sound great.

Thanks for the replies. I currently have just a CS-700 which I like. We're currently making plans to build a house in few years. Even though it is a few years away, I'm already thinking about the HT / music system I want to put in. I like the idea of an American made system, which I believe leaves me with the choice of either a Heritage set up or the RF-7II. Of course, who knows what will be available in 3-5 years when I'm ready to buy - hopefully, there will still be a few American made choices! If one were to use a Heresy as a center speaker, could it be laid on its side or does it have to be upright?

Jon

Yes, the "vertical" horned Hersey can be made. I helped my Father make three of them for this purpose. One is used as a center in an all Heresy HT system; the other two are used as side surrounds up on shelf brackets in My fathers Home Theater that is listed in my Signature. They sound great as developed.