Best mcintosh you recommanded?

BBZink

Depends on what you need and how it will match up with the rest of your system (which you haven't listed...for shame!). My favorite vintage Mac amps are MC-30's but you'll need fairly efficient speaks. I would avoid vintage Mac SS amps as they tend to sound a bit tame compared to many modern SS amps. If you're looking for something more modern and more powerful, you can do worse than a pair of MC-501's. Have fun

My personal favs from rebuilding many of them. Aways keep in mind what one guy likes does not mean the next guy will. No absolutes in Audio

C-22 preamp with the C-20 and C-11 a close tie for second.

either MC-60's if you like amps with lots of balls or MC30's of you want more of a vintage bloomy kind of tone.

What should i search for in old mcintosh available on Agon or Ebay?

I'm asking for your recommandation, for my next move in hifi?

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder. I've known people that always said everything they had was the "Best," BS. That said, I do enjoy Mac mc30's with K Horns. I never thought I'd be able to have either, but sometimes luck happens. Still have some tweeking to do on the system though.

Agree that there is no best. Although some would argue that the MC 30s deliver more of they want from a mac than other models. I have owned MC30s and currently own a MC225. I think both are terrific. I happen to like them much more when using a modern preamp rather than a vintage mac pre-amp but that is just me. I would also sugggest looking at the MC240.

FWIW I would consider looking at audio classics.com or mcintosh audio.com rather than buying from some unknown source on ebay. Yes their prices on vintage macs are higher that youmay see them going for elsewhere but when you consider what it would cost to refurbish or fix an amp that may have been represented as something it turned out not being, their prices are pretty reasonable.

Agree that there is no best. Although some would argue that the MC 30s deliver more of they want from a mac than other models. I have owned MC30s and currently own a MC225. I think both are terrific. I happen to like them much more when using a modern preamp rather than a vintage mac pre-amp but that is just me. I would also sugggest looking at the MC240.

FWIW I would consider looking at audio classics.com or mcintosh audio.com rather than buying from some unknown source on ebay. Yes their prices on vintage macs are higher that youmay see them going for elsewhere but when you consider what it would cost to refurbish or fix an amp that may have been represented as something it turned out not being, their prices are pretty reasonable.

I have to agree with your advice in most cases buying used equip. However after buying my mc30's and getting the preamp thrown in. Then spending the cost paid for equip in repairs, tubes etc. Then the tech said not to sale the mc30's for less then twice what I had in Mac's and preamp. Sometimes I get lucky. Then theres the Fisher 400 that cost me more to repair then I paid for it. Probably got more into it then I could get if I wanted to sell. Don't want to sell. SHMBO told me I never get rid of anything. Well I told her! I said "I still got you don't I!" Trust me, BAD MOVE.

Now system is listed, and thanks for mckintosh web site and audio classic, will Help.

I will also had fisher receiver in my research, i had the chance to hear one of them and i like the vintage blooming sound!

Best is what you think is best and not what others think is best....you gotta look around and then listen to all examples you can find.

Go to http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/ if you haven't already...it has the back-up of Terry DeWick for repairs...none better....and there is an excellent guarantee on their products. I purchased an MA-6100 (SS) this spring with a cabinet and am the happiest man on earth. Some might say that there is a better McIntosh out there and they are right. I love mine, it's the amp I dreamed about as a 15 yr old when I used to "look, but don't touch" at the local high-end hi-fi shop back in the 70's. Now I can afford it, so I bought it. I may upgrade to something "better", i.e. slightly more modern, more power, features, etc in the future....but I will never own anything else unless its a McIntosh. It's the sound.

I can't tell you what is best for you. But I can answer your question about the MA2275. Is it good? Yes, I have a MA2275 and it's great. I also have a MA6500 and it works very well too. It is also about half the price of the MA2275. Both are good a choice for your klipsch. Depends do you want tubes or solid state?