buzzing and crackling from horns... update

Schu

It's still a nice thought that your speakers are good enough to accurately reproduce distortion! I was just playing a crazy jazz album called "Free Jazz"--Ornette Coleman--and I hear a buzzing sound that was so realistic I thought it was coming from another room. I finally realized someone was making the sound on the album with some kind of instrument.

I know... it sucks.

the idea of a centralized location, or cloud, from which you can draw your music library's a good one.

It's funny because I use my PS3 for some storage and I rip at the top setting. My album files are from 700-900mb each.

Regardless of the size of the files, if segments have noise, the data is bad, and things are painful to listen to. A proper rip compressed to a tiny MP3 maybe 5 MB in size will be flawless in comparison.

My wife is the family ripper, and about 500 cds into our library we started to notice some noises on our incredibly resolving factory car speakers while driving on the freeway, its not a subtle thing. Everything had to be reripped with smarter ripping software, LAME or EAC Exact Audio Copy, something like that. For lots of discussion visit http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php

Everything on a central media server is wonderful, once you iron out the details. We currently have 4 TB and use a bit less than half, mostly due to movies.

I think I will try and re raster process the bad cd's and see if that might help... otherwise I am goingot have to source Vinyl.

digital... the great salvation. [:P]

I know... it sucks.

the idea of a centralized location, or cloud, from which you can draw your music library's a good one.

It's funny because I use my PS3 for some storage and I rip at the top setting. My album files are from 700-900mb each.

Regardless of the size of the files, if segments have noise, the data is bad, and things are painful to listen to. A proper rip compressed to a tiny MP3 maybe 5 MB in size will be flawless in comparison.

My wife is the family ripper, and about 500 cds into our library we started to notice some noises on our incredibly resolving factory car speakers while driving on the freeway, its not a subtle thing. Everything had to be reripped with smarter ripping software, LAME or EAC Exact Audio Copy, something like that. For lots of discussion visit http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php

Everything on a central media server is wonderful, once you iron out the details. We currently have 4 TB and use a bit less than half, mostly due to movies.