Heritage surround setup

JasonJCarney

Does anyone have 4 klipschorns and "fill in the blank" center channel for a surround setup? I have never had the privledge of listening to the Klipschorns but I wonder how well they would do in a 5.1 system and what would you even use for a center channel? Purely curious about this. Thx[pi]

Yes, someone did have four Klipschorn, a La Scala and a pair of Cornwalls as I recall: frzinvt.

I use Klipshorns as main, Heresy II as surround and a La Scala as center. I would argue it's the best matched center since it has the same top section, followed by the Belle.

dsc_0703c.jpg

Yes, someone did have four Klipschorn, a La Scala and a pair of Cornwalls as I recall: frzinvt.

I use Klipshorns as main, Heresy II as surround and a La Scala as center. I would argue it's the best matched center since it has the same top section, followed by the Belle.

dsc_0703c.jpg

I would agree too with the La Scala as center. I wonder about doing a khorn center, it would have an enclosed back like the 60th anniversary did. PSG. this would be perfect in your setup!

dsc_0703c.jpg

I have always considered this exact combination would be ideal. For me the LaScala centre is the best complimentary match for the Klipschorn for not only the high frequency consideration but also the direct in your face punch of the LaScala and the exact matching efficiency with the Klipschorn. Heresy II rear surrounds are also a perfect choice as they have sealed enclosures. This is an absolute top shelf configuration with the simplicity of a minimalistic design appearance. The video screen on top of the black recessed LaScala with both recessed is magnificent.

This is a copy and paste from the Klipsch Herttage Reference Data v.2 file:

1957: The Heresy is introduced as a center channel for the
Klipschorn. It is the first Klipsch speaker that does not
require corner placement. This model utilized the K-1000
midrange horn. These are rare, and one example in the
Museum in Hope is the rarest of all the Klipsch Heritage
speakers.

1963: The La Scala is designed as a portable version of the
Klipschorn to be used as a P.A. system for Winthrop
Rockefeller's Arkansas gubernatorial campaign. Component
designations were: Woofer K-33-J (Jensen), Midrange K-
400 horn and K-55-V driver (Atlas), Tweeter K-77
(Electrovoice).

The KHorn just isn't good for center, and it isn't portable. Personally, LaScala would be best due to it's close efficiency to the Khorn.

I would agree too with the La Scala as center. I wonder about doing a khorn center, it would have an enclosed back like the 60th anniversary did. PSG. this would be perfect in your setup!

Yup, I've seen that version of frzinvt setup... But at the time he was in crampt quarters, hoping to upgrade. And Q-Man had a modified klipschorn centre... Interesting adaptation (lied the bass bin on it's side).... But you need the room...

But I agree with the above in that a LaScala would be the best 'small' center from klipsch... Followed by the belle. I'm running my own stumpy version of a DIY Cornscala (using khorn mid and high, and the Cornwall woofer), as many others here... As I needed the height to fit in my screen and a heresy wasn't enough.

The surrounds are much less critical IMHO ... I'm just running cornwalls...

I have always considered this exact combination would be ideal. For me the LaScala centre is the best complimentary match for the Klipschorn for not only the high frequency consideration but also the direct in your face punch of the LaScala and the exact matching efficiency with the Klipschorn. Heresy II rear surrounds are also a perfect choice as they have sealed enclosures. This is an absolute top shelf configuration with the simplicity of a minimalistic design appearance. The video screen on top of the black recessed LaScala with both recessed is magnificent.

Thanks for the kind words! Leave it to me and post and take off for the weekend and not reply...

The 6-inch recess for the TV will fit a 63 to 65-inch TV so the current 50-inch will eventually get upgraded to the biggest that fits in the space. I am on the hunt for an 2.35:1 electric screen (about 10 feet wide) that will drop down over the TV and stop just above the La Scala.

Here's the inset Heresy II. I need to replace it with a walnut oil (HIII?) down the line.

post-15702-13819660266714_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have 4 klipschorns and "fill in the blank" center channel for a surround setup? I have never had the privledge of listening to the Klipschorns but I wonder how well they would do in a 5.1 system and what would you even use for a center channel? Purely curious about this. ThxPizza

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/39143/354674.aspx#354674

I am committed to building a 6.1 Klipschorn Home Theater with a custom subterranean fully-horn loaded subwoofer. The theater will be free standing in a forest glen. It was my intent to build the room to ideal proportions for multi-channel sound. However, all of the approaches to ideal rooms seem to be for a rectangle. I'm looking for a recipe for building a listening room in a circle.

The last time I tried it was with the 8 Legend Theater which was built in a 30' circular yurt... and the results were better than I expected. So good that I am thinking of mounting the six Klipschorns in a circle with false walls extending through the walls.. What do you think of a 36' circular mini-concert hall? What should the dimensions be? -HornED

Did it ever get built?

I dunno but here is his profile:

http://community.klipsch.com/members/HornEd.aspx

HornEd's System Profile

Signature HornEd: 8 Legend KLF-30 6.1 Theater with HORNizontalizED center and rear array and KLF-C7 Front Effects plus a dual SVS Ultra Tower. Powered by Yamaha (Klipsch) & Crown (SVS)
PWK Pride: 7 Klipschorn/Heritage Multi-channel Music & HT System. Powered by Denon
On the Road: 6 Reference Multichannel Motorhome. Powered by Diesel & Denon
EDIT: [6] [;)]