Advice: RC-62 ii or RC-52 ii

senmurv76

I know this has been discussed in the past but I'd like to get some more recent opinion about purchasing an RC-62 ii vs. RC-52 ii.

I have a pair of RF-62 iis which I love. At the moment I am using a Synergy c3 as my center but it sounds muddy. All three are connected a Denon 1611 receiver. 

I had a chat with my local Klipsch dealer who says the RC-52 ii would probably give me 10-15% improvement in sound over my current C3. However, the RC-62ii would be a 100% improvement.

For those who have had experience with these 3 centers, what do you guys think? The 52 I smaller and cheaper, which is of course appealing to me. Will the 62 give me so much improvement in sound quality that I should go for it and not the 52?

P.S. My main listening location is about 3m from the left and right speakers.

I suggest getting the best center you can possibly get.

You can skimp on the surrounds if necessary. (Not recommended; but you are better off skimping here than center; mains or sub).

The center is where most dialogue comes from, and really needs to be an excellent speaker for kick arse HT.

Good Luck.