Klipsch $20,000 39F vs $8,000 37F-woofer and MDF? What?

CiscoKid123

I didn't say that Klipsch was being "unfair". I'm saying that they are targeting a certain demographic. There are people that that product makes sense for and that's who they designed and priced it to. But we evaluate value from our personal perspective. Most of us don't have the perspective that fit their demographic. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that Klipsch was being "unfair". I'm saying that they are targeting a certain demographic. There are people that that product makes sense for and that's who they designed and priced it to. But we evaluate value from our personal perspective. Most of us don't have the perspective that fit their demographic. :)

You are correct. They are.

It would be called the "money is no object audiophile". (This has been mentioned twice already in this thread).

If they did not make this "flagship" speaker; everyone would be complaining why don't they!

Remember that Klipsch is in this to MAKE MONEY.

The P39 cabinets might be more time intensive to make.

I am betting many MANY hours of testing and research went into these; and the cost must be recouped somehow.

There are likely other reasons as well for the big jump from $12,000 to $20,000.

Yes; it is $4000 more per speaker. As mentioned; 3db improvement is equal to doubling the watts going to the speakers.

If I can drop $20,000 or even $12,000 on a set of speakers; I am likely doing very well financially; and can afford the step up if I want to.

Again..... They could be charging DOUBLE THE PRICE. Look at other manufacturer's flagship series and you will see........

Why, if we're in agreement, do I feel preached to?

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) he was reiterating to the originator of this thread whom stated Klipsch was unethical in their pricing and that, though he liked Klipsch speakers, he would no longer consider purchasing them. This is because there is too much of a price hike between the entry level model and that of the flagship speaker.

The whole thread is a trolling expedition......If I were looking to spend $20k I would look at Klipsch and others in that range.If past is any clue they would be very competitive in their range.These speakers/prices were not designed with me in mind, but another level of buyer.

So is this a bad time to mention that my Pass Labs x350.5 amps cost $16,000.00 each and I'm using one of these to Bi-Amp each of my new jubs 1 channel for the lf and the other channel for the hf.

I still like my (1976) LaScalas and I will never part with them. Everyone said I was of the scale when I paid $1,290.00 for them back then.

My new jubs are being finished in Raw Birch to match with my LaScala and I actually bought my house to match my LaScala as it had corners that would work.

I don't have a car, I walk everywhere so I can justify my extravagance my speakers are way more important to me than a car.

My (1981) class A Yamaha B2X power amp cost $3,000.00 back then and is still driving my LaScala and together they are so smooth and while I don't have subs, the bass is so accurate you can count the waves on your fingers while looking at your watch and then work out the frequency.

I have never heard the Jubs and it's a complete leap of faith getting them by considering what the jubs owners say and reading everything I could about them. I don't know if there are any others in Australia yet.

The two x350.5 amps are said to be more like valve amps and operate as class A up to 40w/ch.

For the rear surrounds, I'm probably going to re-cap my sisters Plywood Heresy I's and drive them with my Marantz 1200B that was retail $1,175.00 back in 1975 when I bought it, my friends said I was off the scale then at 19 year old.

Nothing has changed except the speakers and amps are now bigger and heavier.

I still like my LaScala.

It's all personal choice and each person has permission to choose what works for them.

Just choose and let choose, this is the answer.

The $20,000 Dynaudio Confidence C4 will take a dump on the P39F pallidums anyways, not bashing Klipsch because I've heard their Klipschorns are some of the best speakers available when properly setup comparing if not better than the C4s.

Ooooh Cisco... Ohhh Pancho... is someone trying to pick a fight.... not tonight.... I'm tired....

Well, FYI, you are 100% incorrect about the 82s and 7s...they are matched to different centers and surrounds. The drivers are a different size, check the specs.

Also, you are wrong about the r&d on the 39s. The cabinet is a totally different construction and was contracted out. The 38s and 37s were reverse engineered off of this cabinet by Klipsch but the differences are obvious visually. I can tell you plenty of stories about the cost of materials, manufacture, and reverse engineering vs. r&d from the ground up...this is my personal field of expertise.

Lastly, you just named a comparable speaker that was better, but you admitted to not having heard the Palladium...hmmm.

if you think the margin is too high, that's fine. That's how capitalism works. I just don't see it as unethical. By the way, the top end Ferrari is more than 10 times as expensive as the entry level. Go to Ferraris site and remind them that they are unscrupulous.