New receiver

ZEUS121996

Dennie

I thought about using the Heresys for front and back centers. This would save me some time and money. This would probably be a good option, or I could find a couple Belles for centers. Finding 4 consecutive Khorns is probably the most ambitious part of the project, it can be done, Sell it Now out of Milwaukee picked up 4 a little while ago fairly cheap. I didnt include the upgrades in my budget, I look t that as maintenence, not an actual capital improvement. lol

Thanks for the help, Iwill keep you updated as it goes along

Mark

Mark,

Those are the 4 Khorns I am talking about. The actual date of the thread was Jan.8,2011. I tried to tell her she wouldnt end up with any more money but the guy had convinced he she was going to get big money !

• 1 month later...

i tried yamaha ..... nice unit but didnt match the klipsch sound (to much of a good thing} in the end i went with a marantz sr 6005, got online at onecall for650 bucks.it was 1000

Welcome Txinliner, we're glad you're here. You make a very good point. Not a lot of Yamaha users here, but there are many, many Marantz users and they seem to be happy with the Marantz/Klipsch combination.

Great Deal on the SR 6005! [Y]

Dennie

My brain is on overload. I spend way too much time researching and end up missing out on great deals. So right now I think it's going to be four Khorns and probably a LaScala center. Or two. lol Now I'm looking at a Aragon 4004 MKII.

But I'm not in a hurry. Maybe I should just get it over with so I can quit looking at this damn screen