Chorus speakers in my neck of the woods

cornfedksboy

I paid $600 a few years back for a decent pair of C1's and I love them. I would jump on them. They are great speakers!!!!

I imagine, however, that yours came with risers and two badges. If these had the risers I'd be more inclined to inquire immediately. He has them up on e-bay as a "local pick-up only" auction with a $499.00 reserve. If they are still around post auction I'll audition.

runninshine,

What amp are you using to power these? I really want a 2-channel tube amp set-up, but this is a venture into uncharted territory for me. I've been kinda leaning towards finding some cornwalls. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll keep it in mind.

To my ears the Chorus II's sound better than Cornwalls.

The guy I bought one of my pairs of Chorus lls from said the same thing. He said he sold his Cornwalls after buying the Chorus lls. I myself have not had the chance to hear Cornwalls just yet but Chorus lls are amazing speakers.

Price seems a little high for the condition - no bases or badges and finish is a little rough (I'd ask if he has the bases stashed somewhere). I have puchased a pair of Chorus I's and a pair of Chorus II's within the past year here in NJ. Both pairs are in truely excellent cosmetic condition but each set had one dead tweeter. Paid $600 and $700 respectively and put Crites Ti diaphragms in both sets. Both sets are going to be with me a long time!

I paid $600 a few years back for a decent pair of C1's and I love them. I would jump on them. They are great speakers!!!!

I imagine, however, that yours came with risers and two badges. If these had the risers I'd be more inclined to inquire immediately. He has them up on e-bay as a "local pick-up only" auction with a $499.00 reserve. If they are still around post auction I'll audition.

runninshine,

What amp are you using to power these? I really want a 2-channel tube amp set-up, but this is a venture into uncharted territory for me. I've been kinda leaning towards finding some cornwalls. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll keep it in mind.

Right now my Chorus's are sitting idle [:(] I was running them with a Carver CM-1090 and they just blew the doors off my Cornwalls. I will eventually update the Crossovers and find a sweet spot for them.

Oops, forgot to mention the amps. My absolute favorite with these speakers is a vintage HH Scott LK-48B rated at 20 wpc. A bit warm (which I like), detailed and great soundstage. Next up is a Grant Fidelity W30GT running KT88s at 40 wpc - close to the Scott but lighter in the bass. For SS, my HK PM665 at 100 wpc also sounds very good. Hope that helps.