U-571 Depth Charge Scene

willland

Wondered through my local Target on Friday and found a couple of BD's for $5.00. Picked up 3:10 to Yuma and Highlander(oldie but goodie) for $5.00 each and U-571 for $7.99.

I was dying to hear the depth charge scene and see if it was all it was cracked up to be. It definitely is. Amazing low frequency effects. My Paradigm Servo 15a/Klipsch RSW-10d sub combo had no problem at all throwing out some serious rumbling SPL's that could easily be felt in the seat of my pants. Now I have another reference BD to add to Flight of the Phoenix to showcase the .1's in HT.

By the way, I have another Paradigm Servo 15a for sale over here:[:D]

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/154049.aspx

Bill

Bill,

Flight of the Pheonix" is one of my favorite movies. I do not have a DVD of it or anything, just occasionally catch it on the TV in my office. Suffice to say, I have never watched it in the HT. I see you list this as a "Reference" for LFE. I am curious, what scenes (crash scenes?) in the movie have the low frequencies as I have never really thought of it as any type of special effects movie. I really must have missed it. I will get the BD of it if it is that great......

I totally agree on the depth charge scenes in "U-571", true building shakers....

W. C.

I see you list this as a "Reference" for LFE. I am curious, what scenes (crash scenes?) in the movie have the low frequencies as I have never really thought of it as any type of special effects movie. I really must have missed it. I will get the BD of it if it is that great......

W.C.,

The two scenes that I most remember for LFE are the "dust storm/crash" scene and the triumphant "takeoff" scene at the end. Definitely "shaking" scenes.

"Flight of the Phoenix" DTS Blu-ray DTS-HD:MA 5stars.gif
1. Chap 6 (0:14:33) WaterFall WaterFall
2. Chap 6 (0:15:16) WaterFall
3. Chap 6 (0:15:35)
4. Chap 6 (0:15:46) 20Hz WaterFall
5. Chap 6 (0:15:54)
6. Chap 6 (0:16:04)
7. Chap 6 (0:16:18)
7. Chap 17 (0:53:48) WaterFall
8. Chap 35 (1:43:54) WaterFall

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=755493

Bill

Bill,

Flight of the Pheonix" is one of my favorite movies. I do not have a DVD of it or anything, just occasionally catch it on the TV in my office. Suffice to say, I have never watched it in the HT. I see you list this as a "Reference" for LFE. I am curious, what scenes (crash scenes?) in the movie have the low frequencies as I have never really thought of it as any type of special effects movie. I really must have missed it. I will get the BD of it if it is that great......

I totally agree on the depth charge scenes in "U-571", true building shakers....

W. C.

I travelled up to Greenville SC last month to audition TRagusa's HT . Up front he has 3 LaScala's and 2 Danley DTS 10's and a 160 inch at screen . Let me tell you what those Danleys move you literally ! My favorite part of the demo was the crash scene from FOTP . When the plane rolled I felt like I should literally roll in my seat ! Looking back , actually I thought about this on the way home after the demo , the subs were moving/twisting my internal organs and my body felt like it should roll just to compensate .

Yea, I can totally agree....The Danleys are real shakers. The most awsome I have herd so far is the beginning of Resident Evil: Afterlife the low strokes at the beginningn with the off time stroke can do structural damage. It truly pounds you in the chest......If it gets much lower than that it may become a physical pain thing.....! You can actually feel the movement of the air in the room like a concussion from a small explosive device....[:o]

Hey Willy. I'll take that as endorsement of subwoofer success! :)

Absolutely , I give your set-up my highest endorsement . Those DTS 10's are the subs to have if your room/home can take it . Unfortunately they would wreck my home environment so for now I'll have to stick with my measeley Velodyne ;(