Any KLF 20 owners out there?

rockhound

I'm currently in the market for a set of KLF 20's or 30's. Why well just because I want a pair lol. Anyway these will be moved into the living room and will be used mostly for TV shows and movie watching with occasional music when the wife isn't around and I can crank them :). I currently have a set of Hii's with a SVS PB10 sub. My question is what can I expect with this combo?

You can expect your wife to freak out when she sees these huge beasts! You can expect to be told to turn it down. You can expect that she will want to go buy something for herself to get back at you. You can expect to run out of storage space for your HIIs that you won't want to part with, but won't sound as good as your KLFs.

Naw I think that his wife will fall in love with them aside from that I concur with all your expectations. Do plan on upgrading the tweeter diaphragms from poly (stock in the KLF20) to Bob Crites`s new Titanium diaphragms right away and get a feel for what the Titanium diaphragms can do then later try the Klipsch Titanium mid diaphragm. My advice is do both right away you will be very glad you did. Have a lot of fun. Best regards Moray James.

I have to concur with Mr. James,but must also encourage you to use Bob's crossovers as well.The crossovers really help you to appreciate the other upgrades.I use both KLF-10s and KL-20s in my music system(both pairs are upgraded/modded.In the future I hope to add a pair of modded/upgraded KLF-30s.Keep it clean all the way back to the source.K.C.

• 1 month later...

Nothing fancy here. Sony ES receiver 120 watts per channel.

Can anyone else recommend a receiver? The system this will replace is my living room system in my signature. I'm going this weekend to look at a set and most likely purchase so I need something to hook these babies up to when I get home!! Your recommendations are appreciated.

Budget = 450.00

Must have 4 HDMI outputs

I'll only have the 2 KLF's and maybe the sub at this time, Center and 2 surrounds way down the road (Mid Spring).

70% TV

20%Movies

10% Music