mcintosh ma 6900

jannegard1

is this amp god for klipschorn what do think about itSmile

Paging Groomlakearea51 to the white courtesy phone please. [:D]

While I have no experience with that particular model I have heard Marshall’s McIntosh MA series (I don’t know what model he has) integrated amp(s) with his Klipschorns. After listening to his system I would have to say that McIntosh integrated amps and Klipschorns are a spectacular pairing.

I'm not real sure that I would label any amp as a "God" but I think that the McIntosh amps are pretty good with Klipsch speakers. [;)]

I have used the 6900 with the K'horns. Perfect match. But.... The 6900 only has a single speaker pair output jack. For my applications, I need an A/B pair. I now use the 6500's and the C42 pre to control the sub's in that room.

The other issue with the 6900 is that there are no "tone" controls. While I do not use them or need them, unless you have a room correction method (such as a SAE 2800 PEQ), you will not be able to compensate for room anomalies. While usually not extremely critical for the K'horns, the ability to slightly alter the bass or treble response to compensate for "nodes", overstuffed furniture, etc., etc. that feature is something youshould consider.

Hope that helps.

[H]