KG3.5, should I or shouldn't I?

Yesfan70

Right now, I have a 5.1 setup. Three KG2.5 for the front and a pair of KG1.5 for the rears, all in light oak. I have a chance at (what looks to be) a nice set of KG3.5 towers also in light oak for about $180. I'm guessing I'll have about $280 after you figure in shipping.

What do you all think? Are they worth considering? I originally thought of going with another set of 2.5s or 1.5 to expand to 7.1, but the 3.5 have me thinking, so I thought I would ask for some opinions before I jumped.

I see 3.5's going for $100 or less on craigslist every now and then. For the price you quoted I would expect 4.5's or even 5.2's which have tractrix horns and would be worth it.

Right now, I have a 5.1 setup. Three KG2.5 for the front and a pair of KG1.5 for the rears, all in light oak. I have a chance at (what looks to be) a nice set of KG3.5 towers also in light oak for about $180. I'm guessing I'll have about $280 after you figure in shipping.

What do you all think? Are they worth considering? I originally thought of going with another set of 2.5s or 1.5 to expand to 7.1, but the 3.5 have me thinking, so I thought I would ask for some opinions before I jumped.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I might ask him if that $180 includes the shipping. If not, then I'll just look elsewhere as I'm not in any dire need for a set. I live just outside of Chattanooga, so local sales are scarce to none on the KG line.

I also found a pair of 1.5s from a guy on eBay. He wanted $270 for them, plus $35 to ship. He wouldn't budge on the price when asked stating they were brand new in the box. I replied 17 years old and no warranty won't matter. That was about 2 weeks ago but I told him to PM me if they didn't sell (which they won't).

I appreciate the help fellas. I do have a pair of KG4.5s in storage, but one of the woofers is shot and I haven't had any luck finding a new set (Klipsch says they are discontinued). That would be my cheapest, and prefered, route to getting back to 7.1 if I could do it.

EDIT: I offered him $150 and free shipping. If he agrees, great. If not, that's good too.