Clearaudio Concept

tom b. 57

Does anyone have experience with this turntable?

I have been researching a bit online and it has kind of got me thinking about buying one, but, without hearing it or knowing anyone that has, I am very hesitant about making the plunge.

$1,400.00 is a pretty big purchase for me.

I'm not having any luck finding a dealer in my area with one I can listen to and examine.

Tom

I just bought a turntable from needledoctor, and am very pleased with it. They will install the cartridge and maybe give you a discount. Call them.

BTW, I bought the Rega P5 and had them install an Orofon 2M Blue cartridge. I am very satisfied, and I spent nowhere near $1,500, even though the retail on the setup would be over $1,800.

I just got a p5 also(has not yet arrived) and i expect big things.as stated above, at about $999 + whatever cart you want it's a good deal. and those are new prices.

clearaudio is going to set up back at least 1500. no cart. I looked seriously very seriously at CA's but did not interview one unfortunately. instead I went for a secondary market Rega with a whole host of upgrades already installed(1400otd)

1. Groove Tracer Reference subplatter with Zirconia ball bearing

2. Groove Tracer Reference acylic platter

3. Groove Tracer Reference tone arm counterweight.

4. Rega TTPSU.

I know you didn't ask for that opinion, but... seeing as someone else was talking P5's, I had to join in.

Good choice on the P5's guys, best deal in Rega at the moment, A buddy in KC is looking at a RP3 right now and I told him to just jump on the P5 and not spend all that upgrade money to get the RP to the P5 level[:o] I too sugested the Orto 2M Blue Mustang, killer cartridge for the price[;)]

Twice the heft in isolation on the P5 and 3 times the arm[:D] A lot of nice deals this BlackFriday, they got the MMF 5.1 going for $649 at one of the onlines and it would be nice with a 2M Blue as well. I'm thinking you can get a great table/cart at the 1K price and put that extra $500 into media[Y]