Vehicle CD player......

oscarsear

Several years ago the 6 pack cd player in ye olde Range Rover froze, or died or went comatose. Since then I have been relegated to el radio but adding insult to that injury the thing had captured 6 of my dearest cds. I replaced most of them over the years but not all of them. On many occasions I have attempted to fire the silly thing up w/o success. Yet this cold Nov morning I tried the silly thing on a whim and it actually worked. I was able to repatriate my lost cd's. Now the question is do I trust any cd's to this device? Is there anything I could do which might service the thing rendering it predictably functional again?

If it was me, I probably never trust it again with my valued CD's. Is there and opportunity to replace/upgrade it to a newer model? Can you get away from the changer and just insert the CD's directly into the player? I have one in the trunk of my Cadillac and it still works flawlessly, but I can still insert the CD into the player in the passenger compartment. I have an older, 2002 Cadillac Eldorade, but still gets great gas milage and suits the needs. Best of all, it is paid for....! (Have NO idea why I added that) Is the changer really worth the effort?

There are some awesome deals on car stereo equipment during the Holidays, might be time for a change.

JMHO - W. C.

Now the question is do I trust any cd's to this device? Is there anything I could do which might service the thing rendering it predictably functional again?

Yes, absolutely. You can HOPE for CHANGE, and maybe it will, or maybe it won't.

I'd burn copies of 6 CDs and put the copies in the car so you don't fret when it eats them.

Yep, this is the best idea. I thought about replacing the unit but I no longer drive that often or for long distances and really don't need it. And it is a Range Rover and nothing is cheap to replace on the bugger. And this is the only cd resource in the audio system. Thnx for the input everyone.