ALK Cornscala Crossover

Johnny's Jill

Dave, Can this be used for the Cornscala DBB or be adjusted to suit? Thanks, John

The HF section would certainly work, but the woofers in parallel poses a problem. The Impednece and inductance have both changed.

What woofers are you using?

Dave

Crites cast frame woofers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David H

Crites cast frame woofers

Because it's first order on the woofer, the crossover point change is going to be insignifigant. The impedence won't be near as flat, but it should work fine.

Because the woofers are in parallel, the impedence drops from 6 ohm to 3 ohms, but the inductance drops from 1mH to .5mH so its a near wash.

Dave

Guest David H

I ran the simulation on the DBB. As you can see from the graph the first order filter will work with either the single or DBB woofers, as long as the woofers are in parallel.

post-24405-13819667469808_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Sorry Craig, no DBB's on the books, however I do have a new Cornscala I am starting on.

Feaux Split-Box Cornscala.

I will be using ALK Cornscala-wall crossover.

post-24405-13819667520342_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Those look like the Cornscala's I purchased from you years ago, do I need these new crossovers.

Paul

No, the crossovers you have are ALK uiversals with tweeter attenuators, they are fine.

BTW, good to see you on the forums, Welcome.

Dave

Guest David H

The first tweeter attenuator LPad is built and ready for testing.

These LPads will be standard on the Cornscala-Wall crossover, however will also be available individually from ALK.

Dave

post-24405-1381968401234_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Good news, the crossovers are just under budget, and scheduled for release in January.

From the ALK Engineering website >>>>> "Pricing will be $299.00 for a set of two. They will be
available around the end of January, 2012."

Dave

Guest David H

Looks good, although I wish he would have painted the boards like the UNI. Then again, my universals cost near twice what these do.

PB

Yes, the painted base looks nice. I am sure the cost, and the time it takes to paint the boards was a consideration, the objective was to keep the price under budget.

Dave

Sorry Craig, no DBB's on the books, however I do have a new Cornscala I am starting on.

Feaux Split-Box Cornscala.

I will be using ALK Cornscala-wall crossover.

If this is taller? And more narrow than a La Scala? This would give narrow roomed poeple more options.

Hi Dave

Are these similar to the one's you help me build two years ago?

I used the Radio Shack attenuators and ribbon foil inductors, and that set ALK off if I remember.

Now that you two have smoked the peace pipe, how can I swap the RS attenuators out with a pair from you?

Merry Christmas!

Herb

Guest David H

how can I swap the RS attenuators out with a pair from you?

ALK is building an selling these crossovers and the resistive LPads. The resistive attenuators are $40

Dave