ALK Cornscala Crossover

Johnny's Jill

Guest David H

If this is taller? And more narrow than a La Scala? This would give narrow roomed poeple more options.

Its a bit taller and narrower, but not enought to make a difference where the room is concerned.

Dave

post-24405-13819684305006_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first tweeter attenuator LPad is built and ready for testing.

These LPads will be standard on the Cornscala-Wall crossover, however will also be available individually from ALK.

Dave

what changed.....resistive attenuation used to be bad words on this forum? Something about killing dampening factor....click on the photo for the exact phrase.

post-22082-1381968447046_thumb.png

Guest David H

what changed.....resistive attenuation used to be bad words on this forum? Something about killing dampening factor....click on the photo for the exact phrase

Nothing has changed, the Transformer type attenuators are still available for the best dampening. The resistive LPads are simply more cost effective, which was necessary for the Cornscala wall universal crossover.

Dave

Guest David H

Are you setting them up 2-way? I'm not seeing a tweeter in the cabinet. If so what are you using for the MF/HF driver?

No this is a 3-way, I am using my Fastrac Cornwall with a Peavy RX-22 a Contract tweeter with a DE-10, and K-33. All of this tied together with the Cornscala wall crossover.

Everything is done except the crossover and the lower grill.

I have temoprarily installed a first order network for testing, and like the norm sounds ok at low levels, but once cranked up there is too much driver interaction.

Dave

post-24405-1381968464302_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Hey Dave, let me know when the crossovers arrive and I will come over for a listen.

PB

Well mine are not ready yet, but ALK is now taking orders for them.

The first set is going out tomorrow.

post-24405-13819685174446_thumb.jpg

Very nice work on your cornscalas. I just received a set of your horns from a member and am looking forward to hooking them up for a listen. Does this crossover came in a diy kit like the universal? Is it a better fit for someone like me using a set of your horns or are the universals a better match? Thanks

Hey Dave, let me know when the crossovers arrive and I will come over for a listen.

PB

Well mine are not ready yet, but ALK is now taking orders for them.

The first set is going out tomorrow.

That is how rumors get started Dave [;)]

It should be an excitng day when they arrive [G] [<:o)]

Guest David H

Does this crossover came in a diy kit like the universal?

For $299 this crossover is fully built and tested.

I am not sure if ALK is going to make this a kit, the profit is very low, wouldn't be much of a discount if he did.

Either this crossover or the universal are a good fit for my horns, the HF sections of this crossover is nearly idintical to the universal.

Dave