Order Pauls book here

I just did it direct....

http://www.rutledgebooks.com/klipsch.htm

Figure more $$ goes to the Authors who took the time to do it right.

Paul Wilbur Klipsch: The Life... The Legend

Maureen Barrett

Michael Klementovich

$24.95 plus $3.50 S&H

ISBN: 1-58244-226-6

Hard Cover

272 Pages

To order: 1-800-278-8533

Can't wait, 10-14 days delivery.

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 05-13-2002 at 04:20 PM

Found it here for much less.

Paul Wilbur Klipsch the Life... the Legend

by Maureen Barrett, Michael Klementovich

List Price: $24.95

Our Price: $17.47

You Save: $7.48 (30%)

That is from Amazon.com

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by IndyKlipschFan:

I agree cheaper.... But not in stock yet..when I looked this am.

It says that they will have the book in March of 2002, it is passed March 2002. I think Amazon just needs to update its listings, it still says unplublished. Calling them right now... brb.

ok, talked to Sherry. SHe said that the publishers have not sent any to Amazon.com, she said that "publishers tend to have their own agenda's, like glaciers" Interesting analogy...

So, since B&N has sold out of them (must have been a limited supply), I guess that site will do just fine. i allready have mine, would not give it up for anything made by Klipsch. PWK's signature is in it, and that is worth the audio world to me.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

A few days ago someone posted on this BB that Amazon had sent an email cancelling the order because "the book hadn't been published"!

I went ahead and ordered from Rutledge, I asked Rutledge about the Amazon email since I knew the book had been published and I was told Amazon would have them in stock in a few weeks.

Just glad to help out. I, too, looked at the usual outlets like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and others in town last weekend with no luck. So, I went back to this thread and ordered mine through Rutlage.

FYI, Justin.. and others.... I have a picture of Paul that came from some kind of brochure of him in the non echo chamber. (anechoic?) He standing next to a K Horn that is framed in my office. I asked him to sign it when I was all of maybe 17-18 yrs old. I owned a pair of Heresey's and they did this thing with your speaker cabinets in Indiana where you brought in your speakers to the Hi Fi store, and they ran a sound wave and with a mic... and printed a graph to make sure your speakers were, in fact, still working up to stuff as a "promo" here. (My guess was they showed a lot of other speaker manufactuers sucked.. Could prove it..on paper..and took a lot of trade ins that day!! Now that I am older...I am sure very un scientific too.)

I had Paul sign my brochure..He laughed, and said, "Why do you want me to sign this?" I said, "Because someday I want to be able to purchase some Klipschorns and having this while I am sitting at my desk, will motivate me to work hard and succeed."

I know *corney* to tell everyone here..But it is a true story. When I graduated from college and got my first "REAL" job I saved my money and yes, did in fact, buy them new and still own them. This was before the BB and Ebay..LOL.

Just a few thoughts. I also got a pocket knife (I am not sure what to call it, screwdriver combo) that said, "Stolen from Paul Klipsch." Almost afriad to show it to anyone as a kid..afterall said it was stolen. LOL

Indy...I have one of those little box-openers/screwdrivers too...has little chain on one end...there were just a handful of em left when I started working there...was lucky to get one...they didnt get anymore.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.