Klipschorn Compatibility � The Math

AnalogWave

I have a new pair of old Klispschorn speakers. I read in the on line owner's manual that the speakers should not be tightly positioned in the corner. Your commentary is contrary to the factory instructions. My room is 15 feet by 20 feet and the so called sweet spot is about 10 feet from the center of the wall the speakers are positioned on.

Also, the speakers I have are 1975 vintage or so. Should I have to be concerned with some maintenance to permit prolonged life or even better than the spectacular performance I am getting?

Thanks,

Bob, Salt Lake City

Hi Bob! See the following "Dope from Hope" article from PWK on the subject of Khorn corner placement.

The only maintenance needed is to refresh the crossover capacitors every couple of decades or so, and to dust or oil the cabinets.

Chris

I'll poke around the Nets and see what I can find.

On the link below, you can download a standalone tone generator for Windows. I've used it for a long time, and it works great. It will do sweeps, mono, stereo, sine, square waves... Pretty intuitive.

You have to pay for the plug in, but the standalone is free.

Bruce

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us/products/generator/generator.htm

post-7149-1381968483281_thumb.gif

The size of my room is 20' x 14'. The speakers are on the short wall. The room is also two story and opens into the upstairs hall and the kitchen area. I posted a quick pic at the beginning of this thread:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/156473.aspx

You can see what I mean by the speakers not really having the best corners. They sound great anyway, and I know the sound could be improved with false corners, but that would not be accepted by SWMBO, so they will stay as they are. I have had the Heresy's in this room as well as the Cornwalls. They all sound good, and of course the sound is improved as the speaker price goes up, as one would expect.