Decent Blu Ray Player for Under $150?

tidmack

I know this is more appropriate in the Home Theater area, but I'm more familiar with the guys here in 2 channel. Basically, I'm looking for a new DVD player for my rec room, but I realize that the better long-term purchase may be a Blu Ray player.

I'm looking for the most reasonably priced player that's known to have good picture quality and overall solid performance. I've had an eye on this Panasonic:

Panasonic DMP-BDT210,

but I'm not sure if this is the route to go? If there's a "sleeper" player out there that someone knows of that I can pick up reasonably, I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks-

Jeff

I picked up one of these for my parents from the Sony outlet store. It's a "factory refurb" but you wouldn't know by looking at it.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666291828

After getting it all set up for them I wished I had kept the Sony and given them my Samsung.