Rythmik Audio - can anyone comment on them?

SuBXeRo

Anyone who actually owns them? Was looking at dual FV15HP http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV15HP.html or dual F25 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html. I have my emo ultra sub 12's on craigslist and waiting for a bite and i think i am going to sell off my ICON W system and just downsize a bit. I am looking to really get that powerful bottom end and hear things that i know are missing.

Thoughts and alternatives?

Edit:
also the rythmik D15 downfiring http://www.rythmikaudio.com/D15SE.html
and now the contending Elemental Designs A5-350 http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_41&products_id=618

Alternatives, I would look into Elemental Designs. Two of the A5-350's, A7S-450's or A7-350's. Any two of those for less than the Rythmics. I own one A5-350 in a open style 20'x20' room and it is great, I would consider getting another if I felt like I ever needed another. The Rythmics are very nice, I just believe you can get more for your money.

i am relly looking for that deep bass. Its hard to compare everything because everyone measures their stuff differently. The direct servo technology is pretty kool as well. I hvae looked at hsu, svs, ed and rythmik so far and i keep coming back to rythmik. The ED A5-350 could be a contender and i could get two of them. I just wonder how it compares to the rythmiks

i thought about DIY but im not very good at the finishing touches to make it look prefessionally done, thats really the only thing keep me back. I'd have to get pieces professionally cut too beause the tools i have just arent of a proper size to make right and proper cuts

We built the DS1200 (kit) and it's in the right hand (inner) corner of our listening room, set to 60 Hz crossover to our 4 Corns IIs. We're very happy with it. A powerful subwoofer will quickly show you just how flimsy most sheetrock-over-studs walls are and how much furniture rattles. Our floor is wood over slab so it's a very rigid bundary. It's the other stuff, like the walls, fireplace door and furniture, that rattles on the lowest bass.

I expect you've read the Audioholics review on the FV15HP. It performed very well in the shootout with the Hsu VTF-15H and the prior version of the SVS PB12-Plus. For $1200, it seems like a pretty solid value. Also Rythmik seems to get a lot of buzz about their sound quality, which is always a bonus.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any good 3rd party measurements on the A5-350 to give much insight there.

Out of all the direct radiating subs I've heard, the servo models have always had the most satisfying response (Yamaha & Velodyne) Even the biggest models won't dig like a proper horn sub or large IB can, but the tech is a big step in the right direction. Of all the DR subwoofer manufacturers out there, Rythmic offers a little more public recognition of the limitations inherent in the product they sell. Their "technology section" isn't completely free of bias but at least they give it a shot, giving their potential customers the benefit of the doubt, while other manufacturers don't even try to offer up such explanation.

Sub I looked really hard at that sub and almost bought it. I’m

going to guess you have probably spent a lot of time reading the hours and

hours of stuff on all the different subs out there like I did.

I have said before that svs is a tad bit pricey compared to

some of the other deals out there. However even with that said they are the

king of low end when comparing to the other id subs. I love the epik sub I have to but it can’t

flood the room with a true 20hz and under like the svs. I’m not saying buy svs I’m just saying for low

end bass they are a no brainer. So you can save 100 or 200 and still strike

gold or possibly swing and miss.

Sub I looked really hard at that sub and almost bought it. I’m
going to guess you have probably spent a lot of time reading the hours and
hours of stuff on all the different subs out there like I did.

I have said before that svs is a tad bit pricey compared to
some of the other deals out there. However even with that said they are the
king of low end when comparing to the other id subs. I love the epik sub I have to but it can’t
flood the room with a true 20hz and under like the svs. I’m not saying buy svs I’m just saying for low
end bass they are a no brainer. So you can save 100 or 200 and still strike
gold or possibly swing and miss.

there is a lot of garbage out there to read and ive tried to sift through it but its tough to find good true info. I suppose i could explore horn subs as a fun DIY project of some sort, i havent done any reading on them but i have seen a few. I am not in a rush to do anything either. If i did a horn sub, that could be a really fun DIY project but pretty intense.

sold both of my rw12ds that also didnt have the true lowend but they were more musical, the a7 350 ed sub has plenty of lowend (already broke a picture frame and another glass item upstairs) but it ends up being not very musical, works out good because most of its use will be movies

if your unsure of what to exactly get the pb13 ends up being a foolproof decision that will get you what you desire

I have never heard an emo sub but the pb12-plus dsp would be
a monster upgrade.

Indeed; at 20Hz, the newer, costlier, and more powerful Emo XRef12 only manages 81dB of output with 18% THD+N at 2 meters ground plane, RMS per CEA 2010 protocol. The PB13U managed 110.6dB with 5% THD+N under the same circumstances. The PB12+ is estimated to put out 107dB.

To bridge that 26dB gap with the PB12+, you would need a stack of 20(!!!!) XRef12s.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/x-ref-12/LXREF12CEA2010CHART.PNG/image_view_fullscreen

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/svs-pb13/SVSPB1320HZCEA2010PASSCHART.PNG/image_view_fullscreen

ok its settled, the svs pb12-plus it is, hopefully two of em but will have to see. I think ill do 2, i have both my emo subs up for sale and my wf-35 system too. I would save up and get them because i know i wont breakeven for the purchase. Hopefully theyll be last subwoofers i have to buy. Slowly but surely the components of my system are being refined. will chime in when everything pans out, could be a day or it could be months!