Mystery ?!

Yeah, there have been a few models of these, to my knowledge. You see them for sale from time to time.

One was a plywood LaScala painted black with metal trim and handles for road use. It used a heavy duty woofer.

I ran across the bass section of another version in a pawn shop in Texas. It seemed be the about same geometry but with a fiberglass shell, problable just fiberglass over plywood.

My guess is that these had the same basic performace of the traditional units.

The grand daddy of all road units may be the "Runt" LaScala in the museum in Hope. It has a half size bass unit, painted battleship gray.

Gil

The "pro LaScalas" are actually called Industrial LaScalas. They were just LaScalas with either black Industrial finish(a textured painted surface), or fiberglass laid over their outside surfaces, then painted black. SOME of the texture painted ones had the metal edge trim, but not all. ALL of the fiberglassed ones had the metal trim.

A split version was also made...in this one the woofer section was one unit and the mid/tweeter section was another (in a semi-triangular shape)...for ease of maneuvering. Almost all of the split versions were fiberglassed and had the metal trim. Very few of the industrial models were made without handles in the sides of the woofer section.

Even though they came with the "industrial woofer", the downside to these in used condition is that they were probably over-pushed during their lifespan...with the resulting problems associated with being mistreated...blown tweeters and woofers, for example. Often they are found with replacement woofers and tweeters that are not correct for them.

Metal trim consisted of steel corner guards, and anodized aluminum edge trim...there were a VERY FEW specially ordered with gold anodized metal trim...both the edge trim and the corners...and when new, these were breathtaking in appearance.

No logos were put on Industrial LaScalas...instead the word "KLIPSCH" was silk-screened onto the front of them in white paint.

Most of the industrial LaScalas had screw-on instead of nail-on tops to the cabinets.

Want me to discusss the different versions of Industrial Heresys now?....LOL!...my Heresys have Industrial Woofers Smile.gif neener!, neener!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-16-2002 at 10:50 PM

I own a pair of the industrials! They are rated at 200 watt vs. 100 for the home version. There are two fuse one for the mid/ high freq. and another for the woofer. Also, they have binding post connections going into the mid/ high cabinet were the crossover is and a binding post output to the woofer cabinet. Mine are split "B" cabinets, forgot what the "B" stands for, I think it was the fiberglass or triangular mid/ tweeter section. The only problem with them is the wife acceptance factor.I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to open the mid/ high cabinet so I can dampen the horns. They are built like a tank!