Help me decide on a new TV

wuzzzer

I got notice that I'm getting a nice bonus from work and would like to put it towards a new TV. Here's what I'm looking for:

Screen size 60" or larger

Price range of $1500-2000

Leaning towards a plasma screen

I think I have it narrowed down between a Panasonic Viera TC-P60S30 or a Samsung PN64D550C1F. Doesn't matter to me if its 3D or not. The Samsung is 3D, the Panasonic is not. I'm looking at Best Buy and they have the Panasonic for $1299.99 + tax and the Samsung for $1749.99 + tax. Original price on the Samsung was $2699.99 and the Panasonic was $1599.99.

Well your definitely headed in the right direction, don't think you could go wrong with either set. Sammy and Panny's are the 2 best plasma manufacturers with panny's generally getting the nod with a lil better black levels and the Sammy's with a lil better color reproduction. I've always went with Sammy's just because I've always liked the cosmetics of there sets much more than the pannys. But to most that's probably not important. Another case of personal preference is all. I will second the notion of going ahead and jumping for 65" tho!

I presume you're putting the plasma in a basement or darker room.While I like my plasma it's only good at night, in a darker room with no light in background.It also retains anything I been watching for a while so burn in still scares me with plasma regardless cause mine has the gizmos to stop it but I still see it.