DIY Crossover

sootshe

Need some advice on terminals to use for my latest crossover build.

I want to run all the connecting wires underneath the board, leaving the components on top of the board. I thought of using binding posts for all the connecting points, but it becomes very expensive, as I will have 10 connection points.

Then I thought to use brass threaded rod.........I can just put a nut & washer on the bottom & on the top I could put a washer with a brass domed nut to give a better finished look.

What is the opinion of the conductivity of brass for these connections? I know copper would be better, but I have found that impossible to source.

I would normally use a terminal block from Mouser (538-38780-0110) which is zinc chromate plated screw terminals in a thermoplastic housing.

Any thoughts appreciated,

John

Maybe I didn't explain correctly.

Yes, I will drill holes in the mounting board, route all the wires underneath & connect all the components direct to each other.

The problem arises when you get to the terminal block for the connections of all the crossover wires & the outputs to each of the drivers, ie; to the bass, mid & treble.

So, instead of the terminal block I was thinking brass threaded rod with nuts top & bottom. Sort of like a home made version of a binding post.

Marvel.....I saw Greg's crossovers......that's where I got the idea.

And, lacking a router, a recess could be fashioned by clamping two pieces of wood together and using a drill bit to drill a hole down sorta between the clamped pieces, with 50% of the hole you drilled in one piece, and 50% in the other. Should be straight in two dimensions or hole and recesses would wind up not quite straight...