Recommendations for a good quality wireless headphone

derrickdj1

I am in the market for a good wireless headphone to hook-up to my avr. Sometimes the little lady need some quite time. I sit 12-15 ft from the avr/HT setup. The only ones that I see in my area are Rocketfish and the rest of the BB collections which is pretty limited. Any advice appreciated!

My wife, who has very limited hearing even after 3 inner ear implants, got really PO'd at me for buying her 'electronics' for Christmas one year.Since that time almost 8 years ago, she wears them daily. She can hear the TV and I can sleep. They have withstood a woman who can break a hammer. Headphones

• 2 weeks later...

For Christmas this year I just got the Pioneer SE-DIR800C dolby digital wireless headphones. They use infrared technology so you have to be in front of the transmitter that is hooked up to your home theater system. If you are watching the tv or a movie why would you be walking around. They have optical coax in for Dolby Digital and DTS. You can select the sound field from small, medium or large. I like running them on medium. The reverb in the medium soundfield sounds more real. I heavily tested them with Transformers dark of the moon. The bass is strong, and after about a minute I forgot I was listening to a 5.1 movie through headphones. They decode Dolby Digital and DTS. The batteries are AA rechargeable batteries and they charge on the transmitter base. If you don't want to wait for the batteries to charge you can throw in a pair of regular AA batteries. I am truly impressed that I can enjoy a movie in true dolby digital without disturbing others. For Bluray movies I change the Bluray player to decode dolby digital and send that instead of uncompressed bitstream. I only use uncompressed bitstream when I want to disturm everyone in the area with DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD which those headphones can not decode. I have the optical cable plugged into one of the optical outs on the back of my receiver. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Headphones/Headband/SE-DIR800C