Hdmi Handshake issue??

Guest Teresa Wright

Guest Teresa Wright

Hello all, I am using HDMI cables from monoprice. I have my sat box to avr via hdmi. tv to avr via hdmi. Whenever I change channels, it seems like 3-5 sec of black screen before the new channel registers?? Do I need better cables?? This has been bugging me forever[:|] Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a satalitte signal lock issue and not getting the CW (control Words= like a key to open up the channel) consistently. Check signal strength of satalitte ,maybe a dish tweak might bring in a better signal to lock faster.

Its not the cables if your getting a signal to pass through.

Guest Teresa Wright

Wow, just what I was afraid of-DTV strikes again. They didn't want to let ESPN show basketball games in 3-D, tried to blame it on my tv, when Panasonic sponsored the channel. So, I assume others are having the same issues?? I may need a new dtv receiver, the lights on mine went out for about 2weeks, then all of a sudden on again. Or, is it a Pioneer/DTV issue??

I have DTV and they have always had a little time completing the HDMI shake but still better than any other source in my opinion. Yes, I have had all that are available to me concurrently so I could A/B/C them.

Lights? Are you talking about the blue circle? If so, they can be turned off (push both left and right buttons on the circle at the same time, each push of two dims th elights a little more then off). Also, if a firmware updates or you lose power the receiver re-boots and the lights default on. We just had a firmware update this past week which gave Pandora and other novelties.

Guest Teresa Wright

Yes, we just had an upgrade also, that is when the lights came back on. It was completely black, no lights at all, only way I could tell if i t was on is if I had a picture. I just never had this issue with my Dish system. Oh, well, I will live with it then.[:(] I refuse to pay them any extra for their internet connection, I can get pandora through my TV. When they installed my system last year, they sent a new tech, and he blew my new tv in my bedroom. Hell, he blew up 3receivers, he kept getting shocked from the coax, but kept going, not understanding what was happening. I told him something was up, but he kept at it until he finally blew all the receivers he had in his truck and my tv. Took me almost 3months to get reimbursed for my tv. They said I had a bad outlet, and it was my elec., not the tech. Well, I had Dish in my bedroom for 5yrs prior?? Go figure. If I didn't love the Sunday Ticket, I would ditch them in a second.

PS Worked out for me, I got a new 27inch Samsung for my bedroom, for $40 more than the 23inch I had [:P]