Help from experts - La Scala LSI pricing

Byrdbeat

Hi, I recently listed a set in the Garage section, but I'm not sure how to have priced them. So far, there is no interest. What is a fair price range for a set of black fibreglass LSI's in very good condition? They are not the split cabs. I am the original owner and they have been treated well. Thanks. Tom

Tom,

While your LSI's appear to be in great shape, your pricing is a "BIT" agressive. I have six of the LSI splits, in as good shape as what you are offering and would never expect to get that much for a pair. Might I ask, as to where you got your pricing structure from...? Road speakers are not quite as much of a comodity as they used to be. The LSI singles are difficult to handle and load. The reason for the splits is/was, it made it much easier for a single person to handle.

Good luck with your sale.........

there are different versions of the LSI, one piece metal trim fiberglass coated speakers. Based on my personal ownership. 1) a model called the Professional which have k-33 woofers k-55-v mids metal k-400 horn alinco k-77 and type AA xovers. 2) a model refered to as an Industrial with k-43 stamped frame woofers k-77-m mid driver k-400 metal horn k-77-m cermaic magnet AL crossovers. 3) a model refered to as the TLSI which has a model with k-43 cast frame woofers k-77-m mid driver k-401 composite horn k-77-m cermaic magnet AL-3 crossovers. It looks like you have the basic model which will sell any day of the week on the east coast between 600 and 800 bucks. Prices vary across the country and in the last two years actual sell prices have tanked.

I might be interested as you are only about 1 1/2hrs away from me.

Then, let's talk. I don't know which versions these are. We went with the single cabinet back in the day for security. We were afraid that the upper part of a split might 'walk away' from the lounges, especially with the 'Klipsch' name. We felt that the 151 pound cabs discouraged that. We were our own crew, so there were always a couple of guys to move/place them. If I thought I'd ever regularly gig again, I'd keep them. My bands were always very vocal-centric and these really delivered the goods. Thanks and please keep any more advice coming. Tom

Had a pair of the one-piece black-glass LSI about 30 years ago, we called them the "BBMFs".

You do not want to carry a pair down three flights of (rusty) fire-escape stairs (on the outside of the building) at 3AM.

And you do not yell "I'm ready for the BBMFs" (when you're loading the bus) when you're at a club called "So's your Mother" when the address is on MLK Parkway.

That's why I tried to always book hotel gigs. 2 to 4 weeks (6 nights a week) at the same place, with easy access to the stage and good accomodations for the band. No fire escapes and rarely any stairs. But..... I'd rather move 6 LSI's than one full size Hammond B-3. Tom