Peter Frampton DVD

Mighty Favog

I will admit I'm a little biased when it comes to Peter. After all he does live about 15 miles away from me. You guys on the west coast are probably in a similar situation living that close to a "star" but in Cincy it just don't happen. Closest thing we have to a star is....well.....uh......Marge Schottcwm27.gif

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 05-22-2002 at 11:05 PM

quote:

Originally posted by cluless:

Peter Frampton....NO NO NO..He was largely a one hit wonder that popularized the voice box. NO NO NO, ...I can't do it..Covering my ears..

I beg to differ with you, as he had numerous hits. He also is an outstanding guitarist and songwriter. I don't know if you are old enough, but he was the lead guitarist (along with Steve Marriott) for Humble Pie before he went solo. Check out Humble Pie's Rockin the Fillmore for another one of the great live albums of all time (it's a double LP)...

Mike

On just the Frampton Comes Alive album, he had the following hits:

Show me the way

It's a plain shame

All I want to be (is by your side)

Baby, I love your way

I wanna go to the sun

Jumping Jack Flash

Do you feel like we do

He had a couple more on his follow-up album and maybe a couple more after that. Granted, these may not be all-out chart busters but they all got some air play. I'm not a huge fan, but let's give credit where it's due...

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

maybe coulda gone w/o "ohhh baby i love your way", but that's a clincher for the girlfriend.
cwm4.gif

Did anyone catch a made-for-tv movie about ten years ago called "Shattered Innocense"? They used a bit of Frampton for the supporting music. A bit of a guy flick though.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 05-31-2002 at 09:49 PM

Peter Frampton is on the High Definition TV loop at my local stereo store. After all these years, actually he is better today, and the sound is just incredible. I think you reach a certain level of success and can buy the best equipment to have the best engineers to make you sound great and if you still are on your chops....YOu do in fact sound better.

I never knew he lived in Cincy that is really cool to know too.

I recently bought what is called an "extended hits disc" from BMG music group at meijers or wal mart.... I love it too. It was recorded live...I think "Show me the way" is like 16 min long.... Ah the concerts of yesteryear...LOL> Cranked up on the Klipsch Speakers it sounds soooo incredible.

Speaking of HiDef, thought I remember seeing that the Frampton DVD was High Definition.

Not too bass heavy for me Tom. Maybe not as well recorded as the EaglesHFO DVD, but definitely a keeper. It kinda grows on you. Everyday!

Keith

You'll like it boa!

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 05-31-2002 at 05:51 PM

Just to add for that recording, one of the best done for a spontaneous moment at that time is P.F. Very few live recordings get noticed, especially from that time period(compared to now). Tom Cochrane and Red Rider live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is one of the most awesome recordings I have heard through Khorns. So is Eric Clapton Unplugged...OUCH Smile.gif

PS. Still listening to it in LP status.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 06-01-2002 at 02:46 AM

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.

Baby( Somethin's Happening)

Lying

Lines On My Face

Show Me The Way

All I Wanna Be(Is By Your Side)

If You Say Goodbye

Oh For Another Day

Penny For Your Thoughts