rf 7 ii big surprise (update)

jess28

I added an Acurus A250 to my 63's and was floored with their transformation. More detail, more presence, much more thump in the midbass and down low.

That Acurus A250 is a very nice amp. I heard one about 6 months ago and it surprised me. It has some serious capacitance in it too. The guy turned it off while playing some music and it kept playing and slowly dimmed down, pretty cool.

my uncle uses an acurus i think the 250,thats there 250 wpc amp.he loves it

he actually bought because he thought it had all the qualities of the adcom gfa 555 that he liked and then some

i will be bringing them down there either monday or fri of next week

hopefully they sound the way i was expecting with that combo if it's just the electronics i can live with it,knowing i will be able to eventually get the sound im looking for.

if not i can always return or sell them and either get my old 63's or since i plan on mostly doing 2 ch may go some cornwalls or a older pair of khorns or lascalas.

either way im sticking with klipsch

ok came home from work and nobody was home so i started messing around with speaker placement and i did a factory reset on the onkyo.

after moving and listening ,and some more moving and listening and so and so on i was getting really frustrarated and more convinced these speakers were not was i was hoping for.

then i heard the soundstage start open up started getting excited after a little more experamentation with placement boom there it was

i was streaming flac frank turner(great folk punk rock guy from england) "i still believe" my god it was fricken amazing the .swear to god it sounded like someone was in my living room strumming an acoustic guitar.

it's still not exactly where i want but getting pretty damn close

makes want to hear the originals

now i really cant wait to hear them on that mcintosh set up!

i realy cant believe how much of a difference moving them apart from each other made,they were allready 7-8 ft apart now may 10- 12

thanks for all the replies

• 2 months later...

I feel like I'm reading this story that sort of ended with two chapters to go. Did the guy get the girl in the end - sorry I mean - did you keep tinkering? Did you get a satisfactory sound? Did that mcintosh demo sound good? Did I miss something? Inquiring minds want to know!

For speaker placement, I think the rule of thumb is that the speakers and the listening position should make an equilateral triangle. So the distances between each speaker and your ear and the speakers themselves should all be the same. It did really help the soundstage when I toed them in slightly as well. And yes, please let us know what they sound like behind all the McIntosh gear! I am going to be mad if this turns out to be one of those stories where the main character wakes up in the end and realizes everything was just a dream. The last and only time that ever worked was for Wizard of Oz.