$1826 for 1985 Cornwalls in CWL recently sold on eBay

Alpha220

I suppose the range in price that people are willing to pay for used Cornwalls just expanded. Unless there was something funny about the bidders, an excellent, but not perfect, set of 1985 Cornwalls recently sold for $1826 (plus $220 shipping) on eBay.

The link is here, but won't be forever since eBay purges history --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/110831441878

Great for the seller, perhaps the quality ad helped. I thought I was going the distance a few months back on a 1984 pair of CWOs in similar condition for close to $1,000.

Interesting.

post-54067-13819691352416_thumb.jpg

WOW! The picture is absolutely beautiful. This guy should be taking pictures for Klipsch. It gives us a good idea of how to stage pictures for the future. The fabric looks rather expensive, but I bet it has made it's money back many times over.

I hope the people who bought them never try to sell them. They are a bit upside down for sure.

Product staging is everything. Consider Victoria's Secret...[;)]

That "expensive fabric" looks a lot like FEMA plastic on close examination. It's all about the light, and this individual is a master of light.

As to the Cornies, value is percieved and I'll bet the buyer feels like they got a heckuva deal. After all, they sound like a million!

Dave