RF-7s or Cornwalls

TheBeast

Deang,

I was in process of editing my last posting when you posted your last one...you may want to re-read it.

Like you, I agree that one's ears should be the deciding factor in a speaker purchase...BUT, even then it makes a world of difference in how a speaker sounds in one environment and how it will sound in the BUYER's listening environment...too bad few dealers or individuals will allow one to take speakers home for a try-out...don't you agree?

As for crossing swords....this has been more of an exercise in the old Abbott and Costello "Who's on first?" routine than a sword crossing...at least to me!! LOL! Smile.gif

MDENEEN,

Yes, All of the heritage line EXCEPT the Cornwall are now in production...I was in Hope on Tuesday...they even brought back some of the old builders of k-horns to train up new builders, from what I was told. The Cornwall may enter production again in the future...that is still being debated. If it doesn't enter production, then it will just increase sales of Belles, LaScalas, and k-horns for the company!! There is another factor in re-introduction of the Cornwall that will hold it up, too...but I won't get into that right now...not in a public forum, anyway!! Smile.gif

Now....if Microsoft will just quit resting on their laurels, and come out with that new DOS release....LOL! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 10:36 AM

Even YOU, the "Mr. RF-7" of this thread, admit that if/when you "can afford" it, you desire a Heritage HT set-up....I rest my case on that!!!

That's me. Mr. RF7. And when my 4 kids move out, I will certainly be buying some monster horns for HT in my livingroom. Then I will be an 'old hornie' too!

But I will still always play a lot of music on my Klipschcones.

"Bye the way...for what you have spent for those RF-7's, you could already be well on your way to a Heritage home theater through purchases on eBay...doncha think?

But then I wouldn't have RF7'scwm35.gif

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

Hi HDBR,

I like that idea of yours to try to find out the age groupings of current owner/potential buyers of Heritage speakers. Perhaps we should start a new thread as a poll for this?

Myself, I am 23 and own a pair of Cornwalls and am picking up a pair of LaScalas tomorrow.

Kevin

------------------

- Cornwalls

- Parasound HCA-750A (soon Consonance Ella w/EL34s)

- Bottlehead Foreplay w/all upgrades

- Philips CD360 into a SoundStream DAC-1

Thrusti,

I think I will post a little informal poll on heritage owners...look for it in "updating older speakers"

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Thrusti, have you already ordered your Consonance Ella Kit? If not, what is your taste in music?

kh

------------------

Phono Linn LP-12 Vahalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

To The Beast...

I know the feeling of what you are thinking about between the RF7's and Cornwalls.I have owned a pair of Cornwall's for the past 20 years and have had them connected to various electronics over the years.I have enjoyed them emensly.

I had a flood last winter and have the choice of replaceing them with Heritage Belle's or the RF7's.I have chosen to replace with the RF7's because they to me sound much more natural,smoother,way better Inner detail,and have excellent Imageing,front to back and a huge soundstage.As far as the finish goes,they are like a fine furniture grade.My Cornwall's were not quite up to snuff.I agree,that I would pay a bit more for slightly better grills,but not a huge Issue.At the same time the 7's take up less space as well.

I think you would be very happy with the RF7's for two channel music as well as a complete surround sound set up.

In the next few weeks I will be auditioning the RF7's with a tube amp set (Rouge Audio 66 & 88's)from my dealer in my home prior to my final order (A complete 6.1 Refrence system).Again I think the RF7's are an easier to listen, look,and live with than my Cornwall's were.

Either way,I'm glad you have choosen Klipsch,as they (both the Cornwall's and RF7's)are fine speakers.It's just a matter of preference.

I hope this helps......

------------------

--

This message has been edited by firejim on 06-01-2002 at 04:38 PM

firejim is my hero

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>