Dead on Arrival?

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a promedia 2.1 wireless sound system. I was a big fan of the 2.1 and the 5.1 so I had to give these a try. I waited around 4 months for my speakers to ship and when they arrived the subwoofer was dead. I get sound out of the two satellites but nothing from the sub, not even a hiss if I increase the bass volume. To make matters worse my steelseries mouse goes crazy when I have the speakers plugged in via the usb dongle. All in all I am not very impressed. I want to call tech support for an exchange, $50 credit and the classic 2.1's but they are only open monday - friday 9-5. Soooo they basically bet on people not calling because anyone who can afford to throw down cash on computer speakers has a day job. What am I supposed to do? Any Ideas? I dropped them an email but I didn't receive I response.

Yea, it's a conspiratorial. Klipsch is the only company I've ever heard of pulling this M-F 9-5 scam. Did you call the better business bureau? What you can't because they are only open M-F 9-5 This is an outrage! Quick call Obama, maybe he has a child that looks like a steelseries mouse. Wait better yet call Thebes.

Yea, they probably cut the email off at 5:00PM also....WAIT, Is that Eastern, Central or Pacific time...Oh Nooooooooooooooooo, Mr. Bill...! Slugo is out to get you...!

Anyway, Klipsch has one of the finest Customer Service records of ANY company in business today. Email them and be patient, the world does not revolve around YOUR particular schedule.

Why are you guys attacking this new member? He has asked for assistance and solutions, not to be ridiculed. Perhaps he's overly presumptuous with his expected dealings with Klipsch customer service, fine, but most of us have been jaded by a poor customer experience at some point in our life. Unfortunately, he expects the same from Klipsch. Certainly not the case from my experiences with them but lets help him see the light, not berate him. Also, you may feel justified in thinking that Klipsch customer service is in the "Best Of" category in regards to top customer service but it has never been ranked as such by any leading/reputable source that I am aware of. Heres a link to the 2011 & 2010 "Top Ten Customer Service Companies" as ranked by CBS. This list is pretty much the same no matter which source it comes from, this was the first link I found of many Ive read. Its my business to stay on top of this as I am in management with one of the top 2 companies. Now, can you offer the OP anything helpful?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-49140434/top-10-companies-for-customer-service/

Trey,

Can you squeeze us in during your lunch hour?

Let's see....you want to bust our chops for joking around a little, but you have NO comment on what Alex said, other than he is coming to the rescue of the OP? You don't think his comment was a bit smartallec, also...or is it because he is a Klipsch employee, that it is OK for him to to be a little "cute", also. I doubt that you will find Klipsch in any top ten poles, but that still does not limit their Customer Service, as was just shown by Alex, even though he even poked a little fun at the OP. Don't you think it was silly for the OP to blast Klipsch for working normal hours...come on.....

Ease up...life is too short and by all means have some fun. We ALL from time to time like to joke and poke around a little.........sorry that you took it SOOO seriously.

Actually, i wasn't being a smart alec. I was legitimately asking that the OP try to fit us in during his lunch hour. It sucks to lose one's lunch hour to deal with customer service but that's what I have to do as well for when my other products fail.

Trey? Im assuming you meant to shorten my name to Trev, as if you know me. Why would I have anything to say about Alex being helpful? I didn't read into it at all, as you did. You guys were not being "Cute" at all, more rude than anything. I'd think that at your age (30 years my senior) you'd have this immaturity under wraps. Clearly not. You're right, I do like to poke around a little too, this was not poking IMO. Again, perhaps he was being a bit presumptuous with respect to Klipschs' operating hours. You wouldn't chalk that up to naivety? Get it together. Your old age may be showing with your lack of patience.

Trey,

Can you squeeze us in during your lunch hour?

Let's see....you want to bust our chops for joking around a little, but you have NO comment on what Alex said, other than he is coming to the rescue of the OP? You don't think his comment was a bit smartallec, also...or is it because he is a Klipsch employee, that it is OK for him to to be a little "cute", also. I doubt that you will find Klipsch in any top ten poles, but that still does not limit their Customer Service, as was just shown by Alex, even though he even poked a little fun at the OP. Don't you think it was silly for the OP to blast Klipsch for working normal hours...come on.....

Ease up...life is too short and by all means have some fun. We ALL from time to time like to joke and poke around a little.........sorry that you took it SOOO seriously.

AND..."Life is too short", Really? What a hypocrite. Again, get it together. Senior needs to grow up, sounds like to me. Its all about YOUR ears, right. I hear BS coming from your side of the table.

Jacksonbart, Do you EVER add anything helpful to discussions or just more BS? You CAN write more than ten nonsensical words on occasion, it's allowed. All you do is waste people's time, from what I've seen in your posts.

Here's some cheese to go with all that wine.

Nice of you to weigh in. You're quite the wordsmith, its "whine" smart guy. I get your intention but its a huge fail when your ability to spell correctly is a fail as well as your weak come back. Here's another one of your gems..."Yea, it's a conspiratorial." Hahaha, if you meant to say its a conspiracy, you failed. If you meant to say its conspiratorial, leave out the "a". Fail, again. Genius. You guys are ridiculous. You do realize that you need to actually have some smarts to exhibit them, right? Or didn't they teach that in your special needs class. Beat it. You bore me.

Jackassbart, Is that how you got to 10K+ posts. Being an A-Hole? This discussion does not include you but if you wish to join in please add something constructive, not more BS. Are you seeing a theme here? More BS, than more BS, add in a little BS with a side of BS = Jackassbart. What an instigator.