need some input from the pros

Scrappydue

so i know that there are lots of opinions on wether or not you need a power conditioner for your theater and wether or not it makes a difference in quality of sound or audio. well with all that being said i have come down to my opinion being that i think it is a peace of mind thing to have. so with it being something that i can afford and i would like the best bang for your buck and would prefer it to look nice too. i have narrowed it down to a few in my "budget". the following three.

Monster HTS 3600 MKII 10-Outlet Power Center with Stage 3 Clean Power

Belkin AP41300fc10 PF60 PureAV Home Theater Power Console - Black

APC H15BLK AV 1.5kVA H Type Power Conditioner

not sure if those copied the hyper link or not but you get the idea. those are all around my budget and each have a few differences from the other. if any of you have any info from owning them for a period of time over what a reviewer would write it would be greatly appreciated

I went with a belkin pf30, I thought about the pf60 but just couldn't bring myself to spend 200 on what I consider a glorified surge protector, I also bought when they were on sale and it still made me feel like money was going down the can, the last thing I wanted was something shiny sticking out like a sore thumb, mine was mainly for wire management and my 5 dollar surge protector before that did almost as well [;)]

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-pureav-pf30-home-theater-power-console/207514354.html

buy.com seems to run semi regular sales on belkins pf30 and 60

I have little to no knowledge of the other 2

I think the real protection comes with the gaurentee. I am not sure how reliable it was because it was found on the internet, but doing a quick search, Belkin has a $500,000 connected equipment warranty for the lifetime of the product, APC a $150,000 warranty, and Monster's is $400,000. That is where the true protection lies, and even $150,000 should be plenty unless you are somehow wiring your entire house through it. I would go with the company that has the best customer service and that you think would be less of a hassle to get your money should anything go wrong.

Another thing I considered was the ability to turn the lights off. I don't like bright shiny things sitting under the TV when I am trying to watch. I am pretty sure they all can be dimmed/turned off though.

I cannot comment on the other two because I have no experience with them, but I can say that the Belkin is a fine piece of equipment. I immediately noticed a difference in picture quality and sound quality, especially the sound though. Not to mention that it has a great look, and a great value.

That is a very good question Brac. I am sure if they do, I could see it being an extremely long, drawn-out process. And how do you even prove your equipment was hooked up to the device. If the device is designed to sacrifice itself to save the rest of the equipment, that tends to prove that any equipment that did get damaged was not hooked up to the device at the time.

The APC seems to be the most expensive, but it's a battery backup as well. Now I read that it's good to have stuff with fans for cool down plugged into a battery backup. Something like the projector. Is there a lot of truth in that or just a myth? And i would be moving around Missouri most likely and growing up lots of thunderstorms equals lots of power outages.

By the way I am no Pro, just a novic learning new things everyday I did not have any power issues, but I purchased the rocket fish to have better surge protection and to be able to turn on and off all the equipment with one remote. It comes with an equipment replacement gurantee , for around $130, not bad. Weather I truely needed it is another story. I was able to tell after buying a used vintage amp that there was a problem with the amps power supply, even though it worked fine due to the surge on the rocket fish display. I had the amp servieced and it works great. So for me it was a good investment. One of the cheapest considering all of the purchases and upgrades sine last August. It is black like all the rest of my systen so it blends in nicely with everthing else. That is the main reason I chose it over the monster silver console.

i got the h15 and it does what its supposed, i cant compalin. i got it for 50 bux on craigslist from a woman who got her hsubands klipsch stuff in the divorce along with the h15 and she was happy to get rid of it

That is the battery back up one right xero? Do you have your projector plugged into it?