Value of klipsch

foxy

I have a set of Klipsch corner speakers (serial #'s 3H375 and 3H376), a McIntosh MC power amp and a McIntosh C27 pre-amp with all of the original paperwork . I am contemplating selling this system, but I don't have any idea of the value. Any ideas?.

Everything is in excellent working condition. There are only some stains on top of the speaker from something being set there in the past. No chips in the wood or tears in the black fabric. I have some other pics but don't know how to post more than one at a time. also have pics of the McIntosh amp and pre-amp

post-55902-13819711371354_thumb.jpg

post-55902-13819734082882_thumb.jpg

post-55902-1381976404329_thumb.jpg

post-55902-13819790848058_thumb.jpg

I have a set of Klipsch corner speakers (serial #'s 3H375 and 3H376)

These are 1970 models and should fetch anywhere from about $1200-$2000 in good-mint condition, but much less if not in good condition. These are actual selling prices - not necessarily advertised prices. I'd recommend looking at AudiogoN's rating system (http://www.audiogon.com/scale.html) to rate them.

If you want a more accurate estimate, post pictures here (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/146759/1508064.aspx) of the front and back (top portion) of each speaker, of the paper tags on the back of the speaker, and of any blemishes up close.

Chris

Welcome to the Forums Foxy, pictures will go a long way in helping to establish the value of your system. The Khorns would probably be limited to a local sale as shipping charges would eat into the value of the trade. As stated earlier the condition, finish, any damage to the veneer, etc will impact the sale price. As to your Mcintosh, condition of the front glass, lettering, any pitting on the chrome etc, also will come into play regarding the value.

40 year old equipment has a limited pool of buyers, most know these pieces will need to have some work done to bring them back to spec. Reasonable asking prices will generate some interest, pie in the sky top dollar quotes tend to be ignored.GLWTS.

See here to post pix: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/146759.aspx

I have a set of Klipsch corner speakers (serial #'s 3H375 and 3H376), a McIntosh MC power amp and a McIntosh C27 pre-amp with all of the original paperwork . I am contemplating selling this system, but I don't have any idea of the value. Any ideas?.

Everything is in excellent working condition. There are only some stains on top of the speaker from something being set there in the past. No chips in the wood or tears in the black fabric. I have some other pics but don't know how to post more than one at a time. also have pics of the McIntosh amp and pre-amp

If you post another picture of the speaker beside a hotty in a bikini, you will get more. Check with bigcliff, he can send Cynthia over... [:D]